The SMP-N200 smart Streaming Media Player from Sony is an excellent means of streaming movies, music, and other media from your wired or wireless home network to your television or display. This media player connects to wireless -N, -G, and -B networks and allows you to stream video, music, and pictures to it from your computer. It can also stream video from a compatible DLNA computer or device that's on your network. Because it features an Ethernet LAN jack, you can establish a wired network connection by connecting it to an available Ethernet port on your router.
This media player supports video, pictures, or music from a wide variety of apps, such as Netflix, Amazon Video on Demand, YouTube, Pandora, Slacker, and much more. You can also post messages on Facebook or Twitter via the Socialize function. The media player has a built-in USB port for streaming media in a wide variety of file formats from your compatible digital camera, camcorder, USB-enabled MP3 player, or storage device. You can also wirelessly stream audio from the player to Sony HomeShare network speakers in a different room.
In terms of video and audio connections with your display, the media player features composite and Y/Pb/Pr component video output jacks, an optical audio digital output jack, dual 3.5mm RCA audio outs, as well as an HDMI output jack. With the HDMI output jack, you can view HD or even 3D content on your HDTV, assuming you have the correct optional accessories.* To control the player, you can use the included remote or your iPhone, iPod Touch, or Android phone (after downloading the "Media Remote" app).
Note! *HD requires compatible HDTV and HDMI cable sold separately. 3D content requires a 3D HDTV, 3D glasses, 3D emitter, and HDMI cable (at least 10.2Gbps).
- Make Any TV a Smart TV
- Get instant access to thousands of hit movies, TV shows, music choices, and online videos. Plus get new apps delivered to you automatically, so your selection is never outdated and you are always connected to the best entertainment 1
- Multiple Connections
- The Sony Streaming Player has HDMI, composite and component audio / video outputs, providing the ability to play streamed content on any television you may own 2
- Socialize feature allows you to post a message to the leading social media sites so you can share information about the Internet videos and music that you're enjoying on your Sony Blu-ray Disc player
- I/P Noise Reduction
- Improve the picture quality of Internet entertainment and enjoy crisp, clear images on your HDTV
- Multiroom Audio with Sony HomeShare
- Enjoy Pandora, Slacker, your MP3s and other available audio in another room, in the garage- wherever your home wireless network can reach. Simply link your Streaming Player to Sony HomeShare network speakers, and your music can flow throughout your home
- USB Input
- Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device to play a wide variety of file formats
- Full HD 1080p with HDMI Output
- Enjoy up to Full HD 1080p video quality, with a simple, one-cable HDMI connection to your HDTV. A perfect solution to conveniently add multimedia streaming to any HDMI equipped HDTV 3
- Built-In Wi-Fi
- The Streaming Player doesn't require messy network cables to deliver content to your TV or audio system, provided you have a working Wi-Fi network in your home. Connect to your home's wireless broadband network, and go
- Stream 3D and High Definition Video
- The Sony Streaming Player has the ability to stream from 3D and high definition video sources, allowing you to take advantage of everything your 3D HDTV has to offer 4
- iPhone/iPod Touch and Android Phone Remote Control
- Download the free Media Remote app to your iPhone, iPod Touch or compatible Android phone and turn it into a versatile remote - access movie info, search entertainment topics, and more 5
- Share Personal Entertainment (DLNA)
- Stream music, videos, and photos from DLNA compatible devices (like a Windows 7 PC) using your home network