The DES-108 8-Port 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch from D-Link provides eight Fast Ethernet auto-sensing ports for connecting multiple computer devices to your network. Once you've connected the switch to your network via one Fast Ethernet port, you will have seven other ports for connecting printers, scanners, storage, backup devices, and more. Support for Quality of Service (QoS) means the switch will prioritize network traffic that is sensitive to lags, such as video streaming or VoIP calls.
The switch is unmanaged and plug-and-play, so you need not install software first to use it or configure settings for it later. Plus, the diagnostic LEDs on the front panel let you know if there are any connection issues, helping you troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- 8 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports
- Plug-n-Play installation
- D-Link Green Eco-Friendly Power Design
- Store-and-forward switching scheme
- Support for IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) means the switch will detect when a connected computer is shut down or when there is no Ethernet traffic. At this point, the switch will automatically power down the idle port, saving a substantial amount of power
- With 802.1P QoS Support, the switch prioritizes network traffic so that time-sensitive data is delivered efficiently, even during bursts of high data traffic. This helps ensure an optimal experience for streaming media and VoIP calls
- High reliability with rugged metal case
- Inexpensive Fast Ethernet solution for SOHO, small, and medium businesses
- Auto MDI/MDIX Crossover for all ports. This function allows each port to be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables
- Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Supports Jumbo Frames
- RoHS compliant