The TP-Link TL-WA701ND 150 Mbps Wireless N Access Point is engineered to establish or expand a scalable high-speed wireless N network. It's also used to connect multiple Ethernet-enabled devices like game consoles, digital media adapters, printers, or network attached storage devices to a wireless network. Designed using Align 1-stream technology to provide high-speed, unrivaled wireless performance for your network, the device boasts speeds up to 150 Mbps. The APs support a variety of different functions to make your wireless networking experience more versatile and enjoyable than ever. Now, you have the ability to enjoy an enhanced Internet experience for downloading, gaming, video streaming or any other application you wish to use.
Compliant with the IEEE 802.11n standard, TL-WA701ND easily establishes a wireless network and achieves up to 9x the speed and 4x the range of traditional 11g products! Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) automatically avoids channel conflicts via its clear channel selection feature, and completely realizes the benefits of channel binding, for substantially improved wireless performance. Utilizing channel detection, CCA ensures that only free channels can be bound with, thus helping to maintain a "neighborly" atmosphere. Additionally, channel detection can also determine in real time when a channel becomes free, at which point you may switch to that channel to multiply your data transmission speeds.
Access Point, Client, Universal / WDS Repeater and Wireless Bridge modes are all supported. This enables various wireless applications to provide users like you with a more dynamic and comprehensive experience when using their AP. Multiple operating modes are also a great help when it comes to building a wireless network for tough-to-wire locations or eliminating wireless dead zones.
TL-WR701ND offers WPA / WPA2 encryptions (both Personal and Enterprise) created by the WI-FI Alliance industry group, promoting WLAN interpretability and security.
Compatible with WI-FI Protected Setup (WPS), TL-WA701ND comes equipped with a Quick Security Setup (QSS) enabling you to almost instantaneously set up your security--just by pressing the "QSS" button! Automatically establish a WPA2 secure connection, which has been shown to be more secure than WEP encryptions. Not only is this a faster than normal security set up, it's far more convenient in that there's no need to remember a password!
The device is capable of being powered by Ethernet cable to simultaneously send data and electricity to wherever your AP is located--even up to 100' (30.5 m) away. This feature multiplies your options, enabling you to place the AP in the position most conducive to receiving the best signal, such as on the wall or ceiling of your office.
- Wireless speeds up to 150 Mbps make this access point perfect for bandwidth-hungry applications
- Compliant with the IEEE 802.11n standard, TL-WA701ND easily establishes a wireless network and achieves up to 9x the speed and 4x the range of traditional 11g products!
- Support for multiple operating modes: Access Point, Client, Universal / WDS Repeater, Point to Point Bridge, Point to Multi-Point Bridge
- Easily set up a WPA encrypted secure connection at the push of a QSS button!
- Supports Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) to ensure high-quality VoIP and multimedia streaming
- Supports up to 100' (30.5 m) Power over Ethernet capability for versatile performance
- Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) automatically avoids channel conflicts via its clear channel selection feature, and completely realizes the benefits of channel binding, for substantially improved wireless performance
- Up to 4 SSIDs and VLAN support enable network administrators to separate different services or applications among various designated users
- WPA / WPA2 encryptions give your network active defense against security threats
- Backwards compatible with 802.11b / g products
- External detachable antennas enable improved alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
- Wall mounting and horizontal table / desk placement options