The TP-Link TL-WA801ND 300 Mbps Wireless N Access Point is engineered to establish or expand a scalable high-speed wireless N network. It can also be used to connect multiple Ethernet enabled devices, such as game consoles, digital media adapters, printers or network attached storage devices to a wireless network. The APs provide support for a variety of different functions that make your wireless networking experience more versatile than ever. Now, you have the ability to enjoy a better Internet experience for downloading, gaming, video streaming or any other application you wish.
Employing IEEE 802.11n advanced MIMO (Multi Input Multi Output) technology, the access point works simultaneously through 2 antennas to Tx and Rx, in order to overcome interference and signal degradation over long distances or through physical barriers in a small office or a large apartment. This results in an amazing improvement in the wireless performance, even in a steel-and-concrete building. Most importantly, you can easily pick up the wireless network during long-distance connection where legacy 11g products may not be able to do so.
The device supports AP Client, Bridge, Universal / WDS Repeater and AP operation modes to allow for various wireless applications, providing you with a more dynamic and comprehensive experience while using your AP. Multiple operating modes assist you in the building of a wireless network for tough-to-wire locations or in getting rid of wireless dead zones.
Compatible with WI-FI Protected Setup (WPS), TL-WA801ND features a Quick Security Setup that enables you to almost instantaneously set up your security--just by pressing the "QSS" button! This automatically establishes a WPA2 secure connection, which is known to be more secure than WEP encryptions. Not only is this faster than normal security setups, it's more convenient in that there's no need to remember a password! The device supports both Personal and Enterprise encryptions.
The TL-WA801ND is capable of being powered by an Ethernet cable to simultaneously send data and electricity to wherever your AP is located--even up to 100' (30.5 m) away. This feature multiplies your options, enabling you to place the AP in the position that is most conducive to receiving the best signal, such as on the wall or ceiling of your office.
- Wireless N speeds up to 300 Mbps make it perfect for bandwidth-hungry or interruption-sensitive applications, such as video streaming, online gaming and voice over Internet
- MIMO technology gives you robust high-bandwidth wireless Tx / Rx capability at extended range
- Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) improves wireless performance while automatically avoiding channel conflict
- Provides support for multiple operating modes: Access Point, Client, Universal / WDS Repeater, Point to Point, Point to Multi-point
- Easily set up a WPA encrypted secure connection at the push of a QSS button
- Support for Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) ensures high-quality VoIP and multimedia streaming
- Support for up to 100' (30.5 m) of Power over Ethernet capability for versatile performance
- Up to 4 SSIDs and VLAN support, enabling network administrators to separate different services or applications among various designated users
- WPA / WPA2 encryptions give your network active protection against security threats
- Backwards compatible with 802.11b / g products
- 2 external detachable antennas enable better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
- Wall mounted or horizontal table / desk placement options