With 2500 ANSI lumens and a 2000:1 contrast ratio the Canon LV-8235 UST Ultrashort Throw Projector has the power required to display bright, sharp WXGA (1280 x 800) images in less than ideal ambient light conditions like classrooms, boardrooms or conventions.
While these features alone might be enough to warrant purchasing the projector, the user-friendly design and intuitive on-screen menu reveal a multitude of advanced, efficient features usually available in units two or three times the LV-8235's modest cost.
Setup is a breeze thanks to the auto power on function. Auto keystone adjustment detects the tilt of the projector when placed on a flat surface, automatically adjusting it to square up the image. Screen color correction provides eight different settings to solve color cast problems on less than perfect surfaces, while Whiteboard mode reduces hot spots on this shiny surface.
The unit's wide connectivity includes HDMI and component inputs as well as an audio output, but the 10W speaker is powerful enough for most audiences or meetings. Running at a whisper-quiet 28 dB in quiet mode, the projector won't challenge the speaker for attention. When operating in a noisy environment or when working with the hearing impaired, dialogue captions can be conveniently displayed in sync with the action.
Finally, all of this doesn't come at the expense of the environment. The LV-8235 employs multiple methods to affect energy savings and confirm a shrinking carbon footprint. Quick start, quick power-off, sleep timer and off timer minimize energy use during start-up, shut-down and periods of non-operation. Auto energy saver switches to quiet mode after one minute without signal input, extending the lamp's life up to 3000 hours and minimizing downtime.
- Ultrashort Throw with Screen Size Up to 110" (2.8 m)
- The ultrashort focus of the Canon LV-8235 UST projector is indispensable when it's necessary to make a big impact in a small space, or if the only installation or mounting point available is very near the projection surface. You can project an 80" (2 m) image from as close as 1' (0.3 m). The limitations of your room shrink along with the distance you'll need to use to project. A maximum image size of 110" (2.8 m) is possible. When you add to this capability the option of ceiling or wall mounting of the LV-8235 UST, the opportunities for creative flexibility expand dramatically, as not only walls, but tables and the floor itself become viable projection surfaces. The impact on presentations in classroom, trade show or office venues can be huge
- Native WXGA Widescreen Resolution (1280 x 800)
- The LV-8235 UST offers native WXGA widescreen resolution (1280 x 800) delivering clear, sharp video, diagrams and text in a 16:10 aspect ratio, meeting the increasing demand for wide screen displays. The precise images reproduced by the sophisticated single-chip DLP technology are seen to their absolute best with WXGA resolution. Compared to standard XGA resolution projectors, the LV-8235 UST offers a larger display range capable of projecting data produced on many widescreen laptops
- High Brightness - 2500 Lumens, High Contrast - 2000:1
- The LV-8235 UST features 2500 lumens, giving you the ability to deliver presentations in a wide variety of venues, be it a classroom, office or meeting room, in an equally wide range of lighting conditions. It also features a 2000:1 contrast ratio which gives projected images crisp depth and dimension, ideal for conveying texture and materials. Colors remain crisp, with exceptional color balance, perfect for presentations incorporating high-quality, detailed visuals, such as fabrics or fine art
- Flexible Connectivity with HDMI and Network Support
The LV-8235 UST works extremely well with a variety of external sources including networks, thanks to an array of useful input and output terminals.
HDMI Version 1.3 Deep Color
The LV-8235 UST is equipped with an HDMI terminal, supporting full HD 1080p signals provided by HDTV capable satellite and cable boxes, digital camcorders, and Blu-ray players. Connect any of these inputs to the HDMI terminal for instant display of high-definition video.
Mini DIN4 Input
You also have the use of a Mini DIN4 input for the transfer of material from an S-video source.
Network Ready RJ-45 Port To maximize the usability of the LV-8235 UST, the built-in RJ-45 port enables centralized control and monitoring from a networked PC. This makes it simple for an A/V team to operate ceiling or wall mounted installed projectors from a remote PC, allowing fewer personnel to cover a larger service area.
RS-232C Serial Port Control the LV-8235 UST through a third-party system with the built-in RS-232C serial port.
Video Input and Output The LV-8235 UST has two composite video inputs and an analog RGB output for high-definition video projection and composite video monitoring.
Multiple Audio Inputs and Outputs Three stereo audio inputs (two 3.5mm mini-jack and one RCA) and one output (3.5mm mini-jack) are found on the LV-8235 UST for relaying audio through external speakers. It provides the flexibility needed to play audio from a linked DVD or PC source
- 3D Sync Support
- More content is being created in 3D every day. With the LV-8235 UST, you can effectively display 3D images to be viewed with active-shutter 3D goggles. The LV-8235 UST incorporates a 3D display system employing a frame sequential method, alternating displaying right and left parallax views to create a 3D image. Of course, when projected using the DLP chip, 3D content is as effective as it can be. Especially useful in educational situations where the need for dynamic presentations of 3D content is growing rapidly, this latest trend in imaging is in your arsenal with the LV-8235 UST
- Screen Color Correction
- The LV-8235 UST projector includes a colorboard adjustment setting that allows you to reproduce colors naturally when projecting onto a blackboard or colored wall, table or floor. The projector allows you to choose from four different projector surface colors: red, blue, yellow and green. In addition, there is a special blackboard setting that is useful when projecting onto a classroom board
- Various Installation Options
- You will find more options than ever before for choosing the surface you project onto. The LV-8235 UST employs a system in which the generated image is directed through the projection lens onto a built-in reflection mirror, looping back through a projection window. The LV-8235 UST gives you exceptional options in placing the projector, based on the needs of your venue. You also have the ability to project on a variety of surfaces, whether screen, wall, table or floor. Combined with the ultrashort-throw capability, it's possible to install the LV-8235 UST on a wall or ceiling using approved brackets and attachments and to project not only onto a wall, but also onto a table or the floor. This capability could prove extremely useful for trade show, showroom or classroom display applications
- Quiet Operation and Closed Captioning
- At only 28dB in eco mode, the LV-8235 UST is exceptionally quiet. The cooling system has been designed to most efficiently dissipate heat while keeping the noise level at a minimum, concentrating your audience's attention on the presentation, not the projector. If you are presenting to a hearing impaired audience or in a venue with a high level of ambient noise, the LV-8235 UST can deliver closed captioning to make any difficult to understand dialogue perfectly clear
- Convenient, Easy to Use Features and Design
Making the LV-8235 UST more convenient and easier to use were the goals of the Canon designers. You'll find controls and features made to let you concentrate on making better presentations.
Direct power on
Especially useful if your LV-8235 UST is ceiling or wall mounted, direct power on will automatically turn on the projector when the power cord is plugged into an outlet. There is no need to press the power button on the projector, which might be difficult in certain installation situations.
This will automatically turn on your LV-8235 UST when a computer is connected and an input signal is detected. In addition, computer synchronization will also automatically detect the computer's screen resolution and align the settings on the projector to match. There is no need to search for the settings either on the source computer or the projector, saving time and ensuring a proper match.
Built-in 10W speaker
Even if you don't have an external sound system to use, the 10W high output speaker of the LV-8235 UST delivers clear well produced sound for venues of varying sizes.
The clear to read, white text on black background of the LV-8235 UST's on-screen menu is easy to navigate. For added convenience, choose from 21 languages for the menu display.
Easy to use and clear controls for volume and menu mean that the focus of a presenter will be on the presentation, not on running the projector. The LV-8235 UST makes it simple to switch between input sources at the touch of a button. Buttons which are familiar in look and feel to those of printers and copy machines fall easily to hand. For added convenience, the wireless IR remote control can be used
- Durable and Easy to Maintain
The high performance of the LV-8235 UST is matched with impressive durability in use and simplified maintenance. While delivering more, it costs you less in time and maintenance.
With up to 2000 hours lamp life in normal mode and 3000 hours in eco mode possible, the extended lamp life of the LV-8235 UST lowers operating costs and reduces maintenance.
Easy access lamp
To make replacing the lamp quick and easy, the LV-8235 UST's lamp is located on the top of the projector. There is no need to move the projector, even if it is ceiling mounted.
The high-performance three layer hybrid filters of the LV-8235 UST can last up to 4000 hours in eco mode. Consisting of perforated metal, urethane and metal mesh, anti-dust performance is greatly improved and filter life is dramatically lengthened over that of single layer electrostatic filters. It offers significantly reduced maintenance time. To further aid in maintenance, a replacement counter indicates when lamps and filters require changing