The Panasonic AV-HS410 HD / SD Multi-Format Live Switcher is a video production switcher boasting high performance and functionality in a compact form factor. Its intuitive user interface is designed for live production, while its plug-in compatibility makes for simple expansion. Nine standard inputs, including eight SDI and one DVI, and six standard outputs, including five SDI and one DVI, are present on the unit. You can add an additional four inputs and four outputs (not included). The integrated 7.0" (17.8 cm) multi-mode color LCD monitor shows versatile menus, an image monitor, waveform / vectorscope and more.
High-quality Primatte chroma keying and versatile transitions, including DVE functions, are available to you, as well. An enhanced MultiViewer Display with as many as 16 splits allows for 9 screen variations, a clock, a level meter and 4:3 marker display. The switcher's Video Memory function allows playback of 2 channels of still images or video, while the Memory Preview function offers previews of shot memory and event memory image effects. The AV-HS410 supports Plug-in API functionality for external control, external camera control, output of status data, and more. You'll also find a control panel with extra direct button control, a numeric keypad and more, letting you enjoy even greater ease of use.
HD/SD Multi-Format Support
- Supports standard HD / SD multi-format, including 1080 / 24PsF
- System frequency is 59.94 / 50 / 24 Hz switchable, making the AV-HS410 perfect for digital cinema production and worldwide operation
- A broad array of optional boards (not included) permits the input and output of analog component and various other signals
Various Switching Functions, High Image Quality, Intuitive User Interface
- Built-In Frame Synchronizer For All Input Channels
- Each input channel boasts an integrated frame synchronizer for use in switching unsynchronized video signals. A gen-lock function also provides support for the synchronization of systems based on external sync signals (black burst or tri-level)
- Up-Converter, Dot By Dot And Video Processing
- The AV-HS410 comes with an SD / HD up-converter function for 4 inputs, as well as a dot by dot function for 8 inputs. The dot by dot input may be utilized for P-in-P display of high-definition images from standard definition footage with no degradation. There's also a video processing function with color correction for 8 inputs
- 4 Aux Buses And 2 P-In-P
- Four Aux and two P-in-P buses are provided. Borders and software effects are applicable to the P-in-P buses. The bus transition function (P-in-P bus and Aux bus switching effect) allows for a Cut transition as well as a Mix transition (Aux 1 only). Versatile operation is achieved via the combination of Aux buses and M/E sections
- Versatile Transitions And Effects
- Standard wipe, mix and cut effects are included, as are DVE transition patterns using 2 channels, like reduce, slide, squeeze and 3D wipe. You can also elect circle wipe and page turn
- New Video Memory Function For 2 Inputs
You can save dual inputs for still (STILL) or moving (CLIP) images in Video Memory, and can also select them as bus footage. Videos may be recorded and played with key signals for a maximum of roughly 20 sec / 600 frames with 59.94i. Video and still image files are also transferrable over a LAN network from an SDHC / SD Memory Card or PC.
Please note: Uploading of video and still images from an Ethernet LAN will be supported in the future
- SDHC / SD Memory Card Slot
- Video memory, shot memory, event memory and set-up data may all be saved to SDHC / SD memory cards (not included)
- Primatte High-Quality Chroma Key
- Enjoy linear, luminance and chroma keying, the last of which uses the Primatte algorithm, widely employed as a plug-in for nonlinear editors. The same excellent Primatte image quality utilized globally for films, TV programs, music videos and commercials is achieved via the AV-HS410's real-time processing. Exceptional blue-spill processing naturally combines translucent objects like thin cloth and glass with background colors. Very fine objects like individual strands of hair are reproduced with high fidelity. A single DSK channel is also present for adding borders, shadows and other edge effects.
- Shot Memory
- As many as 100 image effects, including background transition patterns, P-in-P sizes and border widths, may be registered in shot memory for immediate retrieval. The AV-HS410's Effect Dissolve function allows for smooth switching between a current image and one of the images or operations stored in shot memory
- Event Memory
- 64 of the image effects registered in shot memory may be sequentially registered in the event memory for immediate recall. This enables highly expressive consecutive effects to be simply and smoothly executed. As many as 100 event memories can be registered
- New Memory Preview
A new function, New Memory Preview enables you to preview shot memory and event memory content. It permits image effects to be confirmed with ease while on-air. This feature is especially convenient during live operation.
Please note: The resolution of images output from memory is slightly lower than the normal resolution.
- Integrated 7" Color LCD Monitor with Multi-Mode Display
- LCD with WVGA (800 x 480) resolution is integrated into the control panel. You can switch among a broad array of various display modes, including setting menus, image monitoring, and waveform / vectorscope. There is also MultiViewer and Memory Preview function support. The AV-HS410 offers comfortable operation that eliminates the need for viewing numerous displays in various locations.
- Enhanced MultiViewer Display
- Allows you to divide the screen to show PVW, PGM and all source images on one screen. Permits 4 / 5 / 6 / 9 / 10 / 16 split screens. The input signal name, audio level meter and 4:3 marker may also be overlaid onto each screen. A clock is capable of being displayed. This enhanced MultiViewer Display enables the efficient operation of a multi-channel system with just one monitor
- Easy-to-Use Panel Layout
- A total of 12 crosspoint buttons in each A and B bus, meaning a maximum of 22 with the Shift function, enable direct control with this intuitive panel design. Function settings and registrations can be done quickly and easily via the LCD monitor's matrix menu and rotary switches. Different functions are assignable to 8 user buttons for one-touch operation. This level of simple operation supports fast, precise live-relay operation
Expanded Functions With Plug-in Software And Optional Boards
- Plug-In Software Created With A Software Development Kit
- Plug-ins permit versatile expansion of software-based functions. A Software Development Kit (SDK) is included to allow third parties or SI enterprises to freely develop the software required to add new functions to the switcher. This enables the system to satisfy an even broader spectrum of needs, including operating the switcher with an external controller or computer, operating cameras and other devices from the switcher, and outputting status data pertaining to the switcher or image sources