The Panasonic AG-MSU10 Mobile Storage Unit has a P2 card slot and an interface box (AG-MBX10) with a 512 GB SSD (Solid State Drive). In addition, this interface box supports SSDs to up to 2 TB.
In addition to its compact, lightweight, rugged design, the storage box features battery-powered operation for versatile field use. Files recorded onto a P2 card can be copied onto an SSD at about 4x the normal speed for AVC-Intra 100 codecs. It has both eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors, so files can be easily transferred by connecting the AG-MSU10 unit to an external HDD or PC / Mac. Uploading to a backup or nonlinear editing system is fast and easy as well. The removable SSD interface box is also equipped with eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors, so it can be removed from the AG-MSU10 unit and connected directly to a PC / Mac. Special attention to field-based operation is further seen in features like one-button copying, a clip thumbnail display on the built-in LCD, and clip-by-clip copying. The AG-MSU10 storage unit contributes to comfortable file-based P2HD production by increasing speed, efficiency, and reliability.
Note! File transfer speed varies depending on the SSD and external HDD writing speed, transferred files, P2 card version, and other conditions. Without verification.
- Fast Copying from a P2 Card to the MBX10SSD 512GB Solid State Drive
- The AG-MSU10 unit has a P2 card slot and an interface box (AG-MBX10) with 512 GB SSD (SATA interface). The product allows copying files from a P2 card to the SSD. HD files recorded with an AVC-Intra 100 codec (video bit rate: approximately 100 Mbps) can be copied at about 4 times the normal speed, and about 8 times the normal speed for files recorded with an AVC-Intra 50 (video bit rate: approximately 50 Mbps). 1
- Backup onto an External HDD with eSATA or USB 2.0
- The AG-MSU10 unit is equipped with eSATA and USB 2.0 interfaces (both Host and Device). In the Host mode, files in the internal P2 card can be copied onto an external HDD at high speed without a PC / Mac. In the Device mode, the AG-MSU10 unit can be used as an external drive for reading and writing data between a PC, Mac, or nonlinear editing system, and a P2 card or SSD. 2
- The Removable SSD Connects Directly to a PC / Mac
- The removable SSD interface box is equipped with both eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors. It can be removed from the AG-MSU10 unit and connected directly to a PC, Mac, or nonlinear editing system for use in the Device mode. This enables flexible operation as a removable media.
- Single Button Copy and Thumbnail Display
- Copying from a P2 card to the SSD can be done swiftly with single-button operation. A clip thumbnail can also be displayed onto the built-in 3.2" (81.28mm) LCD panel and images can be copied clip by clip. The condition and status displays enable easy-to-understand operation.
- Compact, Lightweight, Battery-Driven, & Robust Design
- The AG-MSU10 unit has superb portability features and a compact, lightweight, and robust design that can also be battery driven. The P2 card and SSD ensure reliability even in harsh shooting conditions.