This TS-Pro Tilt/Shift Front Unit Without Lens is a part of the Horseman TS-Pro Tilt/Shift Kit, which delivers a way for cinematographers to control depth-of-field and perspective distortion for creative effects that were previously available only for still photographers. By using lens tilt and shift, and horizontal and vertical movements, the DP is able to exaggerate perspective distortions, focus selectively on a tiny part of the image while allowing the rest to be out of focus, and create miniaturization effects. The full unit consists of a base and a front unit. This is the front unit which holds the lens (not included).
The TS-Pro has a lens mount placed between the camera and the lens. Camera mounts are interchangeable. One TS-Pro unit can be used on various cameras by using different interchangeable camera mounts suitable for particular camera bodies. It supports a variety of lenses for 35 mm DSLRs, medium format cameras and M39-mount lenses. When used in combination with a still camera lens with a large image circle, it enables the cameraman to utilize tilt/shift techniques that were never before possible in video applications. A lens used for tilt/shift movements must have an image circle that covers the camera's image sensor size.
The TS-Pro base unit is required for operation of the TS-Pro. One of four optional available camera mounts (PL Mount; Micro Four Thirds Mount; Canon EOS Mount; or Nikon F Mount) is required to operate this unit. One of six optional available lens mounts (Pentax 645; Mamiya 645; Hasselblad; M39 (For Rodagon); Canon EOS; or Nikon F) is required.
- Tilt and shift effects for video cameras
- Creative shallow depth-of-field effects
- Increase magnification ratio of lenses
- 4 types of camera mounts: PL Mount; Micro Four Thirds Mount; Canon EOS Mount; or Nikon F Mount
- Use one of six available lens mounts: Pentax 645; Mamiya 645; Hasselblad; M39 (For Rodagon); Canon EOS; or Nikon F
- Base, Camera Mount and Lens Mount are also required to operate the TS-Pro Tilt/Shift unit.