The Letus35 Talon Universal Kit is a complete shoulder mount rig kit offering a great deal of versatility and options for you to design what suits your shooting needs. The kit includes everything necessary to construct all 5 of the pre-arranged Talon rigs, with the option to add and subtract features as to see fit.
The Talon Camera Plate is the focal point of the kit; from which everything else stems off of and the camera is attached to. It features the 1/4"-20 thread for attachment to the bottom of the camera. The plate is also designed to mount to the extended base for use of 15mm support rods for mounting accessories behind the camera.
Other pieces included with the kit are 5 separate, unique pairs of rods for increased adaptability, custom-designed ratcheting thumb screws, simple hand grips, an offset bridge, an adjustable shoulder pad and clamp, an extended base, a 3lb / 1.4kg counterweight, a stainless steel L-bracket, 45° rod clamps, and a telescoping rod front plate.
- Talon Camera Plate
- This camera plate serves as the main mounting point between components and features a 1/4"-20 screw for direct attachment to your camera. Mounting threads are also located on the baseplate for the attachment of an optional viewfinder.
- Ratcheting Thumb Screws
- These custom-designed screws provide secure attachment of the components to one another and are easily adjustable due to their ratcheting mechanism that can be tightened by hand. For additional torque, they can also be fastened using a hex key.
- The kit includes 5 separate pairs of rods for a great deal of versatility when arranging your kit. Pairs of standard 3.5" / 9cm, 7.9" / 20cm, and 11.8" / 30cm are included as well as male-threaded 2.2" / 5.5cm stub rods and male-threaded stainless steel telescoping rods. All of these rods are the standard 15mm diameter to provide compatibility with the widest variety of accessories.
- Simple Hand Grips
- These grips are constructed from high grade aluminum and feature a 100% silicon grip for extra comfort and durability in any condition. They are compatible with 15mm support rods.
- Rods Offset Bridge
- The offset bridge allows you to offset your shoulder pad in order to have your viewfinder or monitor in a more comfortable, centered position in relation to where your eye is. It is CNC milled from hard anodized aluminum and features standard 15mm openings, spaced 2.4" / 60mm apart.
- Adjustable Shoulder Mount Pad
- Constructed from high grade aluminum and 100% silicon, this shoulder pad is extremely rugged and holds up in even the harshest shooting conditions. It provides comfort and support while shooting with lightweight or heavy loads.
- Shoulder Mount Clamp
- This clamp provides connection between the shoulder pad and standard 15mm rods. It is constructed from high grade aluminum and has 2.4" / 60mm spacing for use on a wide variety of support rod systems.
- Extended Base
- This base is used to add static or telescoping rods to the Talon camera plate. It is mounted beneath the plate and offers standard 15mm openings, spaced 2.4" / 60mm apart.
- CNC Milled Stainless Steel 3lb Weight
- This 3lb / 1.4kg counter weight is milled from stainless steel for extra durability. It features 15mm ports spaced at 2.4" / 60mm for compatibility with most support rod systems. The weight also features 15mm threads for direct attachment of 15mm to the weight itself.