The Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 Internal HDTV Card brings over the ATSC digital TV, clear QAM digital cable TV and analog cable TV to your PC. With the WinTV-HVR-1600 you can watch and record TV in a window or full screen using high quality MPEG-2. You can use either Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or the WinTV v6 or v7 application to watch and record these channels.
ATSC digital TV brings you sharper pictures and enriches your PC's multimedia experience with near CD quality sound. It features high definition TV reception, automatic identification of channel names plus records high-definition digital TV programs to your PC's hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without any loss in quality. The WinTV-HVR can be used to watch and record all ATSC formats.*
If you are you using Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows Vista you can add WinTV-HVR-1600 as either the primary or as the second TV tuner. The Microsoft Media Center application supports up to two TV tuners, so you can watch one TV channel while recording another.
Note! *ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-1600 cannot receive digital satellite TV.
- Dual format TV tuner for your PC.
- Watch analog or digital TV on your PC screen, in a window or full screen.
- Watch and record clear QAM digital cable TV. Clear QAM digital TV are unencrypted digital TV channels broadcast by your local cable operator on their cable TV networks.
- Watch and record ATSC high definition digital TV on your PC. ATSC HD is the over-the-air high definition TV standard for North America.
- Watch and record analog cable TV. The WinTV-HVR-1600 has a built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder, so your PC continues to run at full speed while recording analog cable TV.
- If you are using digital cable which broadcasts digital cable channels "in the clear" (clear QAM), you can receive these QAM channels with the WinTV v7 application.* 1
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format.
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
- Record TV shows to your PC's hard disk using the built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder. While recording, the hardware encoder does all the work so your PC continues to run at full speed. 1-2GB of disk is used per hour of recorded video.