The ProSafe GS752TXS 52-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch from Netgear is the industry's first smart switch with 10-gigabit connectivity that offers a rich enterprise-class feature set, including advanced traffic management and security. It can be easily configured and monitored through a web-based graphical user interface. This switch is not only cost-effective, but also delivers maximum throughput in SMB networks for tasks such as data replication and backup, virtualization, video on demand and high-volume transaction processing.
It provides 48 gigabit ports for connecting devices to the network, along with four 10GE SFP+ ports for stacking or uplink to servers. As many as six switches can be stacked for a total of 288 network ports, with full redundancy for unsurpassed reliability. Static routing allows for segmentation of the network, with internal routing through the switch - reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient.
Dynamic VLAN makes the GS752TXS efficient and secure by imposing consistent policy and user credentials across the network, regardless of where users connect. Support for MLD Snooping greatly increase network efficiency by forwarding multicast traffic to designated hosts only, rather than flooding multicast packets across all ports. The GS752TXS also supports MLD Snooping, which increases network efficiency by forwarding multicast traffic to designated hosts, IPv6 support, comprehensive security and advanced multicast management.
Starting with a single switch, the GS752TXS can grow to six switches with a total of 288 network ports. Two out of the four 10-gigabit SFP+ ports on each switch can be used to create the stack, a single logical unit with up to 40 Gbps of stacking backplane that can be configured and managed as one switch. The SFP+ fiber optic connectivity helps the switches to spread across multiple physical locations. All four 10GE ports can be used for network uplinks to servers and storage devices, or split with two ports for local or distant stacking and two ports for uplinks and link aggregation.
Auto failover makes sure your operation continues by creating a safety net so that if one switch in the stack fails, all the other switches remain intact. The individual GS752TXS switches can be managed through a simple browser-based graphical user interface or through SNMP software for compatibility with existing SNMP based consoles.
- Fully exploits the power of 10GE servers
- Supports high-bandwidth applications such as data backup and replication, virtualization, video on demand and high-volume transaction processing
- Scalable switching that grows with the enterprise
- Auto failover creates a safety net so that if one switch in the stack fails, all other switches will be intact
- Up to 40 Gbps of stacking backplane
- Fiber-optic connections allow stacked switches to be placed in multiple physical locations, supporting remote or branch offices
- Increases security by imposing consistent policy and user credentials across the network, regardless of where users connect
- Increases network efficiency by forwarding multicast traffic to designated hosts only, rather than flooding multicast packets across all ports
- Protects IT investment by future-proofing the network for the next generation of applications and extensions
- Prevent access layer attacks such as DHCP server attacks, ARP man-in-the-middle attacks and IP/MAC spoofing attacks by using IP-to-MAC binding information
- Increases security by isolating specific ports from communicating with other ports on the same switch
- Prevents an attacker from scanning a system to gain valuable services and information
- Extensive visibility, granular control and seamless automation across the network for a range of Netgear products including switches, wireless infrastructure and network-attached storage