The imagePROGRAF iPF655 24" Large Format Printer from Canon uses a newly designed print head reengineered to reduce satellite ink, minimize mist, and produce cleaner lines. Accurate and high-quality prints don't come at a price - the printer still manages to output a D-size print (24 x 34") in 28 seconds. Together with its Ethernet port, and powerful software suite, the iPF655 provides a compact, cost-conscious way to print in-house. To help keep those costs down, the printer is bundled with accounting management software for tracking not only the cost per print, but also includes features such as auto rotation and nesting, job execution time, and ink consumption per job. The productivity software suite includes PosterArtist Lite for creating & printing posters and plug-ins for printing large-scale Word and Excel files.
The printer's Ethernet connectivity makes it easy to share the printer with the other members of your team or workgroup. Instead of having to buy a printer for each computer, the network connectivity lets everyone easily share one printer. A 80 GB built-in hard drive lets you store commonly executed print jobs in the printer itself for easy reprinting anywhere on the network. Additionally, the hard drive, together with the printer's 8 GB file processing memory, relieve the workload from your computer so you can continue to work even while the most complex files are printing.
High-Speed Printing: L-COA processor
- Output a D-size (24 x 36") drawing in approximately 28 seconds. When you need to keep projects moving forward and meet deadlines, this kind of speed is critical. Powering these incredible print speeds is Canon's L-COA (Large Format Printer COmmon Architecture) print controller, driving the imagePROGRAF print engine to lay down ink with exceptional speed and precision. This unique, high-speed processor enables the print system to process large volumes of data while optimizing output of complex high-color GIS images and architectural renderings for maximum readability and color accuracy 1
Space-saving, Environmentally-Conscious Design
- This printer was designed to be space-saving and environmentally conscious. This printer carries a small footprint with fully front-accessible operation for flush wall installation that fits into almost any environment. Also, loading roll media is simple with built in loading guide rails and an automatic roll feeder. Made with less plastic, and reduced CO2 emissions, this model has earned ENERGY STAR qualification, and draws only 140 watts of power during use
Productivity: Print Longer without Interruption
- Canon's unique sub-ink tank system means you can replace ink on-the-fly without stopping the printer. For long print runs, a high-capacity media basket comes standard with this printer. And its highly durable self-propelled dual rotary cutter allows for even faster printing of multi-page jobs
Precision Printing: High-Density PF-04 Print Head
- Engineered for speed and advanced image production, this printer boasts Canon's latest print-head technology to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. The new PF-04 print head incorporates a new nozzle shape to reduce satellite ink, producing cleaner lines and text, and minimizing mist. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to ±0.10% and as thin as 0.02 mm
80 GB Hard Drive
- A built-in 80 GB hard drive within the printer increases productivity by relieving workload from the host PC, while providing a large capacity for print job data storage and retrieval. This 80 GB hard drive enables job data to be stored in protected mailboxes for easy access via web browser or at the printer for job re-printing. The embedded hard disk is ideal for medium to large workgroups to share a printer efficiently with multiple users, offering ample job storage space
Print Job Accounting Manager
Keep track of costs and allocate consumable expenses to projects more easily with the Print Job Accounting function. This management tool allows you to track print jobs by user to calculate ink and media costs, and the number of pages printed
- Auto Rotation
- Auto Nesting
- Log Recording Time
- Job Name
- Client Job ID
- Client Job Submission Time
- Job Execution Time
- Job Completion Time
- Job Completion State
- Ink consumption per job
- Media Type
- Number of completed pages
- Media consumption area per job
- Extended Media type
Economy Print Mode
- Reduce total ink consumption by utilizing the Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print
Reactive Ink System
- Ideal for technical applications, Canon's breakthrough 5-color dye/pigment Reactive Ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color, plus two channels of matte black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves, and small text on technical and office documents. Now with new magenta ink for richer, more vivid reds, this ink system is ideal for both GIS drawings and posters. These Canon inks provide superior adhesion to media, scratch and marker resistance, and ensure minimal "bleeding" between colors and text. Even small text printed on colored backgrounds or on uncoated technical papers is crisp and legible
With the Canon HDI Driver for AutoCAD application, the driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here, points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve precision. The HDI Driver creates a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
- Exact page size that corresponds with the actual print size
- Print Type setting
- Print Quality setting
- Color Mode setting
- Brightness slide bar setting
- Black ink print feature
- Advanced media settings
Canon Printer Driver
The Windows and Macintosh drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive.
The Real Preview feature ensures users that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on "print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows and Mac driver).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets users transfer data from their Color imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - enabling users to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
At a Glance:
- Easy-to-use preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Real Preview that lets users change document and printer settings after clicking "print"
- Page nesting feature with Free Layout for Windows and Mac
- imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature - with a hot folder solution to print Color imageRUNNER PDFs directly without opening in a PDF viewer
- Economy Print Mode
- Borderless printing
- Easy setting/Advanced setting
- Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. Users simply follow the program's 4 easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office presentation, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button
- For those with more demanding poster creation needs, Canon's optional PosterArtist offers advanced features such as Auto Design, Variable Data, and in-application image editing features, as well as additional templates, royalty-free photos, and clip art. The built-in weblink feature in PosterArtist Lite links users directly to the PosterArtist website for useful hints and tips, and even more free contents for download
Print Plug-In For Microsoft Office
- This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow "Wizard". The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8.5 x 11" office document to poster size