The 01V96i Multi-Track Digital Mixing Console with USB 2.0 from Yamaha takes the popular 01V96 design and makes it even better, adding a USB 2.0 connection so you can use the mixer as easily on the road as you can in the studio. This compact mixer features studio-quality amps and internal processing that supports 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion so that no detail is lost in the digital representation of your audio.
The mixer offers 40 input/20 bus mixing, and has a wealth of inputs and outputs for use with a huge variety of sound devices and systems. In addition to supporting connection to your Mac or PC for use with a DAW, the USB 2.0 port also delivers 2-way MIDI communication so you can combine the precise control offered by the mixer with the capabilities of your DAW software. A Cascade Link is available that lets you connect 2 mixers together, giving you up to 80 channels of mixing capability with a single connection.
The 01V96i has a full suite of Yamaha's VCM effects, including a channel strip, master strip, and vintage stomp, plus high-resolution REV-X reverbs so you can shape your sound in a variety of ways. The mixer has the 01V96i Editor software package, which gives you full control of the console via your computer. Steinberg Cubase AI software is also included that turns your Mac or PC into the ultimate machine for composing, recording, editing, and mixing.
- Compact and Versatile
- The compact design and versatile features allow you to use the mixer in the studio, in live situations, and even with a laptop in a mobile environment.
- USB 2.0
- The mixer's USB 2.0 connection provides 16 in/16 out live audio streaming at 96kHz and seamless integration with your DAW with a single cable. It also supports 2-way MIDI communication so you can use the console's physical controls to operate your DAW software.
- 24-bit/96kHz Performance
- While some consoles reduce the number of tracks that are available when working in 96kHz mode, the 01V96i does not impose such restrictions. The mixer has 96kHz performance and 32-bit internal processing (58-bit accumulator) as the standard. The onboard AD/DA conversion uses high-grade 24-bit/96kHz converters, which work alongside the studio-quality head amps to deliver high-resolution audio that does not lose any detail in the digital representation of your audio.
- 96kHz Internal Effects
- A comprehensive selection of 96kHz-compatible effects are provided so you can make the most of your raw audio without having to down-convert before you apply effects. The assortment includes independent channel compressing and gating/ducking processors, 4-band parametric EQs with switchable type I or type II algorithms, and a channel delay. All of the channel processors except for the delay have a selection of presets that can be used as-is or edited to suit your needs. All of the channel functions except gating are provided on all of the mixer's output buses.
- VCM Effects and REV-X Reverbs
The console has a full suite of Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) effects that provide a vintage sound, plus REV-X reverbs for terrific richness and smooth decay. The effects include:
- Channel Strip:
The Channel strip has 5 models that recreate the characteristics of several compression and EQ units from the 1970s. The models faithfully capture the unique saturation of analog circuitry and have been fine-tuned with simple interface to make them easy to use.
- Master Strip:
The Master Strip recreates the analog circuitry and tape characteristics that shaped the sound of open-reel tape recorders. You are provided with models of 4 machine types (Swiss '70, Swiss '78, Swiss '85, and American '70) that can be combined in various ways. You can even choose different tape types, speeds, bias, and EQ settings.
- Vintage Stomp:
Vintage Stomp gives you 3 distinctly different phasers, which are modeled after some of the most desired stompbox effects units of the 1970s. The VCM technology delivers the warmth and atmosphere of the original vintage units, combined with the control and flexibility of a digital environment.
The high-resolution reverbs have REV-X algorithms that feature rich reverberation and smooth decay, based on years of research and development. The mixer has REV-X Hall, REV-X Room, and REV-X Plate programs with parameters such as room size and decay envelopes for exceptional definition and control. The Hall and Room programs have an open sound, while the Plate program has a brighter tone that's ideal for vocals. All of the models offer dense, warm reverb without interfering with your audio's natural timbre.
- Channel Strip:
- 40 Input/20 Bus Mixing
- The console supports up to 40 simultaneous inputs and 20 buses at 96kHz to deliver amazing versatility in a rack-mount sized package. The 01V96i has a main stereo bus, 8 individual mixing buses, 2 solo buses, and 8 aux buses to give you signal routing options for just about any scenario.
- Analog and Digital Connectivity
- The mixer has 16 analog inputs, 12 of which have studio-quality head amps. There are also 8 channels of optical ADAT input and coaxial 2 track inputs, plus 16 inputs via USB. Analog outputs include the main stereo output, stereo monitor outputs, a stereo 2 track output, 4 OMNI outputs, 12 channel TRS insert points, and a headphone output. These are matched with coaxial 2 track outputs and 8 channels of optical ADAT for digital output. You can even add mini-YGDAI expansion cards to the mixer's expansion slot for additional I/O options.
- Cascade Link
- The Cascade Link port allows you to connect a pair of 01V96i units, giving you up to 80 channels of mixing capability with one simple connection, ideal for live sound reinforcement.
- The simple patching system allows you to quickly and easily assign all available inputs, outputs, effects, inserts, and USB I/O to any of the mixer's channels or outputs. Centralized control lets you reconfigure the system without having to physically re-patch cables. You can even store your setups in a patch library for instant recall.
- Precision Faders
- The professional 100mm motor faders provide intuitive physical control, and also ensure that your previously-stored settings always look and sound exactly the same as they did when you saved them. Multiple monitor mixes can be recalled and modified instantly via the "sends on fader" function.
- Channel Controls
- The "Selected Channel" controls give you control of the currently selecting input and output channels, offering analog-style buttons and knobs that provide direct access and control of essential functions.
- Layer Switching
- The mixer's digital capabilities allow you to switch the 16 channel faders instantly to handle input channels 1-16, 17-32, Master (8 aux and 8 buses), or Remote via the console's layer switches. In the Remote layer, you can control your DAW software or make custom fader layers that can be assigned to any I/O channels. The Fader Mode keys will switch the faders between fader and aux level control. Since the faders are motor-driven, the immediately respond by moving to the appropriate place on the board.
- Channel Pairing
- Faders can be paired "horizontally" or "vertically", allowing each physical channel fader to be used for stereo channel control. You can even control multiple stereo channels from a single layer with a list of linked parameters.
- Faders and mutes from any selected input channels or output buses can be grouped, with their settings stored in multiple banks for convenient control of multiple elements with a single physical control.
- User-Defined Keys
- There are 8 user-defined keys that let you customize how you use the console. The keys can be assigned to control any function of the unit, such as switching scenes, copy/pasting channels, and more. An Instant Group Assignment unction lets you use the keys to set up mute group masters quickly, ideal for applications where groups of sources need to be muted instantly.
- Scene Memory
- The mixer allows you to store and recall all of your various parameters in an instant. This lets you instantly switch "scenes" during a live performance, or recall your basic settings for different venues. This helps to reduce setup time and speed up your workflow. All scene data can also be managed offline on a computer using the included Editor software. You can recall a scene with fade time, apply "recall safe" for only your specified parameters and channels, or do a global recall. There's also a global paste function that lets you paste parameters from one scene to multiple scenes.
- DAW Integration
- The USB 2.0 audio and MIDI support gives you a familiar hands-on feeling when recording, mixing, and editing your tracks. Control templates are provided for Avid ProTools, Steinberg Cubase, and Nuendo. The general DAW mode supports a range of other DAWs. MIDI control tables can also be made to provide compatibility with MIDI-compatible systems
- Editor Management Software
- The 01V96i Editor is a total management software package that gives you full control of the console's parameters via your Mac or PC. When online, Editor provides monitoring and real-time display of selected channel status. When offline, it lets you edit and manage scene data, patch lists, and other functions. This is ideal if you are using a rental or installed console, as it allows you to save your settings on a computer, and then load them into the console at your convenience. The software is also a useful tool for managing your backups.
- Cubase AI Software
- The included Steinberg Cubase AI software provides you with an intuitive platform for recording, editing, and mixing from a Mac or Windows computer. This software offers the same core technologies and interface as more advanced Cubase systems so you can unleash your full creative potential from a computer in your home or studio.