OnTheAir Video Express from Softron is a QuickTime playout video software application for Mac. It gives you professional-looking playlist playout when using third party video cards or the Mac's own Mini DisplayPort or HDMI ports. OnTheAir Video Express is capable of outputting in both SD (standard definition) and HD (high definition) and even resizes your SD clips to HD when outputting HDMI. The software can also output to your screen any file that QuickTime (QT) is capable of reading.
You can play out video and audio files, as well as photos or other still images, in the same playlist. Specify a play duration for your still images and they will comply, just as if they were standard QT files. Overlay stunning graphics on top of video and utilize OnTheAir Video Express as a Character Generator. Enjoy the ability to export your animations from your preferred animation software to a QuickTime file with Alpha Channel, and overlay them on top of an incoming video signal.
Manage the playback speed of your clips to add a basic slow motion effect. You can set one playback speed for all your clips, or use an optional Jog Shuttle control (not included) like the ShuttlePRO from Contour Design, and benefit from the numerous shortcuts available. Manage OnTheAir Video Express from a video mixer. Additionally, when pushing on a video mixer button, you have the ability to send a GPI trigger that will start or stop a clip in OnTheAir (requires GPI Commander, not included) to convert GPI triggers to USB.
- Versatile application plays any file that QuickTime can read. You can add more codec support by installing QuickTime components
- Output to all available QuickTime outputs, including PCI cards, FireWire and Monitor
- Output to all formats that the selected video output supports
- Play video clips, audio files and still photos
- Define duration of still images
- Cue Mode holds the first frame of video, rather than starting playback instantly when you hit the play button. This feature is great for live and news production
- External and Internal Keying are both supported (with supported video hardware / codecs, which are not included)
- Supports scrubbing
- Control playback speed to make it faster or slower
- You can set one playback speed for all your clips, or use an optional Jog Shuttle control (not included) like the ShuttlePRO from Contour Design
- Numerous keyboard shortcuts available
- GPI trigger enables control of Video Mixer
- Can be manipulated via Video Mixer with GPI
- Open to third party integration, courtesy of XML based playlists
Clip Info / Trimming
- Set in and out points
- Read all metadata from files
- Customize information in playlist cell