The MovieRecorder 2.0 PCI Plus Pro (Upgrade From 1.x) software from Softron bumps you up to version 2.0 of MovieRecorder plus the Pro option for extra functionality. MovieRecorder is an application that records video via a PCI Express video card. It is capable of recording in any format supported by QuickTime, including Apple ProRes, DVCPro HD, DVCPro 50, DVCPRO HD, and DV. The application is capable of ingesting multiple inputs simultaneously on a single workstation, even a laptop computer. Video clips captured with MovieRecorder are editable during ingest, which is highly convenient for live sports editing. Enjoy the freedom to schedule your recordings.
Designed especially for live ingest, MovieRecorder works with cameras, tape decks and live feeds. You will need one license per channel (video output device). MovieRecorder provides a cost effective method of capturing video for collaborative editing. There's no media transcoding, re-linking or re-rendering required! Post sessions are now far more manageable, thanks to pre-editing beginning at ingest and content being totally online and easily searchable. With Edit while Ingest, you now have the ability to start editing in Final Cut Pro mere seconds after ingest has begun.
Record as many as 8 streams of standard definition (SD) video on one Mac and as many as 4 high definition (HD) streams. The only limiting factors are your CPU and storage. If you require greater then 4, no sweat--you can have multiple computers but control all ingest from a single workstation via MovieRecorder Control or MovieRecorder Remote. Performing a multi-cam ingest is simple using the gang record.
Users often find themselves in need of media that is "edit-ready," even while the event being recorded continues. MovieRecorder allows Edit while Ingest on multiple destinations for redundancy. The software gives you a choice between scheduling recordings for later use or editing clips while they are being captured--using, say, Final Cut Pro. When used in tandem with a PCI or PCI Express video I/O card, like those from AJA, Blackmagic Design or Matrox, MovieRecorder is capable of capturing in most QuickTime codecs in both SD and HD.
The easiest way to record to disc is known as crash recording. The best part is that you don't have to be a specialist to be able to work it. Just press the record button in the user interface and your recording will begin immediately. You can also automate recordings, making unattended scheduled recording possible and thus significantly improving productivity and workflow. With MovieRecorder software, scheduled recording is as simple as programming your VCR, since it's integrated right into the program. Schedule recordings to automatically begin at a designated date and time.
Your software is bundled with MovieRecorder Control, an application enabling you to monitor and control one or multiple networked ingest stations from a single workstation, thus freeing up resources in any suite. What's more is that with MovieRecorder control, you've got gang recording capability. Let's say you have multiple feeds incoming simultaneously. With gang recording, you can begin several MovieRecorder applications at the same time and keep them perfectly in sync with one another!
Optional MovieRecorder Remote and MovieRecorder Remote HD, applications for the iPhone and iPad, respectively, are available from the AppStore. They enable you to monitor and control one or more networked ingest stations from your iOS device. This simplifies the task of taking control of your ingest stations. MovieRecorder Remote HD also features gang recording and lets you customize your layout to your liking.
The included Pro option adds proxy recording, metadata, looped recording, and VTR control and batch capture. You can have a proxy file created at the same time of recording which is also edit-while-ingest. Get real-time live logging along with customizable metadata fields and logging templates for both QuickTime and Final Cut Pro. Metadata helps you find what you need and stay organized. By storing as many metadata tags as possible within a movie, you ensure that the metadata will always be associated with the image, and that no one will have to manually enter it again--even in the event that you change your video editing software, archive your videos, or share copies. With VTR control and batch capture, you are able to type in start and end timecode values numerically and control exactly what gets captured. This will come in handy if you've logged your tape and chosen which clips to capture offline and don't want to capture everything on the tape.
- Record one or more video signals on your Mac--up to 8!
- Supports most PCI, Thunderbolt and ExpressCards, including those from AJA, Blackmagic-Design, Matrox and MOTU
- Perform manual or scheduled recordings
- Timer lets you automatically stop a manual recording after a designated time
- Simultaneously record to multiple destinations for redundancy
- Metadata - recorded in QuickTime file to be used by Media Asset Management, etc.
- Generate a proxy file at the same time of recording in MP4 or Apple ProRes (Proxy). ProRes codec must be installed separately.
- Looped recording - records permanently on the same file and returns to the beginning when it reaches the end of the file, e.g., for TimeShifting playout
- Up to 8 SD ingests and 4 HD ingests on a single Mac 1
- Compatible with AJA cards - max 3 input and with certain limitations. You must select the card you wish to use in AJA Control Panel
- Works with Blackmagic-Design Video cards without limitations
- With MovieRecorder Control, you can automatically create Final Cut Pro XML multicam files
- Control any number of MovieRecorders via MovieRecorder Control (bundled with software), or the optional MovieRecorder Remote and Remote HD, applications for the iPhone and iPad, respectively (not included; available from the AppStore)
- AppleScriptable, enabling you to develop your own AppleScripts to control from third party software
- Open to third party integration. Controlled via Telnet. The protocol is simple to implement and the same as that used for MovieRecorder Remote and MovieRecorder Control
- Set a recording duration and it will be updated (longer or shorter) at the conclusion of the recording
- Proxy files created are also edit-while-ingest
- Compatible with the majority of editing applications, including Final Cut Pro X
- Schedule daily and weekly recordings
- Every scheduled item can have its own destination / file name
- You can export or import schedules as XML for third party integration
- Manage schedules remotely via MovieRecorder Remote (optional) or MovieRecorder Control
- Batch capture via RS422 Sony Protocol to control VTR
- Export or import batch captures as XML for third party integration
- Start an AppleScript automatically at the start or end of a recording
- Disable warnings when used in Remote sessions
- Automatically add numbers to your file names