The MR-2000BK from Korg is a professional-quality 1RU digital audio recorder designed to bring future-proof recording to home and mobile studios. The recorder uses 1-bit technology, the same technology used in creating SACDs, to record at incredible sample rates as high as 5.6448MHz. The result is a pristine future-proof recording that captures all of the ambience, clarity, and dynamic range of a live performance. These 1-bit recordings can later be down-converted to more widely-used resolutions. The recorder also supports DSDIFF, WSD, DSF, and BWF files. The MR-2000BK uses a D/A converter from Cirrus Logic and an A/D converter from Texas Instruments to completely minimize any possible signal degradation.
The internal 160GB hard drive provides ample storage space for your recordings. Even at the highest quality settings, the drive can store up to 29 hours of stereo audio. The recorder features both XLR and RCA analog inputs and outputs, as well as S/PDIF digital RCA inputs and outputs. Word clock I/O provides reliable digital sync with other digital audio equipment. The highly-visible front-panel LCD display and 24-LED level meter make it easy to monitor settings and levels at a glance.
The included AudioGate conversion software makes it easy to use your 1-bit recordings to create multiple format masters. You can use the high-speed USB 2.0 port to transfer your files to a computer, and then use the software to create a 16-bit/44.1kHz CD master, a 24-bit/96kHz DVD-A master, a 24-bit/192kHz DAW session file, and more. You can also perform various editing functions, gain control, adjust balance, and more.
- Future-Proof Recording
- The MR-2000BK records ultra-high resolution stereo audio at up to 1-bit/5.6448MHz, beyond industry standards for SACD. The result is a faithfully captured sound stage with unparalleled clarity, ambience, and dynamic range. The files can then be down-converted to any of today's standard mastering formats
- Compact Design
- The sleek and simple 1RU design lets you install the recorder in a home or mobile studio, ideal for traveling to live performance venues
- Highest-Quality Components
- By using top-of-the-line components from Cirrus Logic and Texas Instruments, any possible degradation to the audio signal is minimized
- Ample Storage
- The internal 160GB hard drive can store up to 29 hours of stereo recordings at the highest-quality 1-bit settings, providing more than enough room for most recording sessions
- Connectivity Options
- The MR-2000BK features analog XLR and RCA input and output connectors, as well as S/PDIF digital RCA input and output connectors. A front-panel headphone jack with its own volume control provides convenient monitoring
- Digital Sync
- Word clock I/O connectors provide reliable synchronization with other digital audio equipment
- Reliable Folder Hierarchy
- When a recording begins, the recorder creates a folder for that specific day. Each recording creates 1 file with audio data, and a second file with marker data and protection settings. These files are called a "project", and are treated as a single audio file by the recorder. Up to 400 date folders can be stored on the drive, with up to 400 projects each
- Visual Display
- The backlit LCD display and 24-LED level meter provide clear, accurate monitoring at a glance
- Exclusive Conversion Software
- The high-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to transfer your recordings to a Mac or PC for manipulation with the included AudioGate conversion software. The software allows you to transfer your archival 1-bit recordings to common mastering formats such as 16-bit/44.1kHz, 24-bit/192kHz, and more. You can also edit files, adjust balance, control gain, and more