The EMI TG12345 Curve Bender by Chandler Limited was conceived and designed by Wade Goeke and Pete Cobbin of Abbey Road Studios. It is based on the vintage EMI TG12345 desk which was used to record the Beatles and Pink Floyd. The recreation of this timeless gear has been rethought and updated with more features in order to meet the demands of modern day mixing techniques. Chandler Limited's Curve Bender expands the original functionality of the EMI Curve Bender by adding 51 EQ points and a multiplier switch which increases the boost/cut by 15dB for more aggressive EQ'ing while also sharpening the EQ curve for tonal variety.
At the heart of the Curve Bender is the TG12345 MK1 amplifier which utilizes germanium transistors and results in the vintage sound which is highly coveted by both musicians and engineers alike. To further show their dedication to the that classic sound in the updated Curve Bender, Chandler Limited has used white markings on the faceplate to indicate the vintage settings used with the original EMI gear and yellow markings have been made to indicate more modern settings. Overall, the Curve Bender offers the vintage sound and look of the classic EMI TG12345 board, with the updated features needed to operate in a modern day recording environment.
- Based on the Vintage EMI TG12345 Desk
- The EMI12345 is a classic desk which was used to record bands like the Beatles and Pink Floyd. The Curve Bender is a rethought package of the EMI 12345 featuring 51 EQ Points and bell/shelf selections on the high and low bands.
- 51 Eq Points for Total Control
- 51 EQ bands make the Curve Bender very flexible when attempting to zero in on a certain frequency band to boost or cut. The large amount of bands make more detailed sculpting of your tracks a breeze and allow for the Curve Bender to be the only EQ needed when mixing.
- Multifunction "Multiply" Switch
- A Multiply function adds to the functionality of the Curve Bender when mixing your audio. When selected, it increases the boost/cut to 15dB, as well as sharpening the Q, filters, and bell/shelf selections on the high and low bands.
- Output Switch
- The gain switch features a +/-10dB adjustment in 1 dB steps for altering the unity gain throughout the unit. Hand-wired gold contacts have been implemented to ensure you are receiving the cleanest, highest quality results.
- Constructed of the Highest Quality Material
- An all metal chassis, gold contacts, and hand-wiring of components all reflect Chandler Limited's dedication to delivering the highest quality gear on the market. These efforts are reflected in the durability and the resulting audio quality which Chandler Limited is known for.
- Hardware Bypass
- Each channel of the Curver Bender may be fully bypassed at the press of a button.