The Chandler Limited LTD-1 is a hand-wired 10-series equalizer and preamp that was built with the same techniques and parts that were used in the original modules. The LTD-1's features include a high-impedance DI input, switchable 48V phantom power, an EQ in/out button, phase reverse, balanced mic and line inputs (all connections on the unit are transformer balanced), and a DI in/out button that mutes the mic input. The Output knob functions like a mixing console fader; you can lower it in order to crank the input and add additional coloration without overloading connected devices.
The EQ section includes low-shelving, mid-peak, and high-shelving bands, plus a high-pass filter. All frequency points are fixed, and Chandler has added additional points to supplement those from the original 10-series units.
The LTD-1 is powered by Chandler Limited's PSU-1 power supply, which must be purchased separately.
- Hand-wired 10-series-style equalizer and preamp that was constructed with parts and build techniques from the original manufacture of the modules
- High-impedance direct input
- 48V switchable phantom power
- DI in/out switch; also acts as a mute for the mic input
- Low-shelving EQ with four frequency selections
- Peak-EQ with ten frequency selections
- High-shelving EQ with five frequency selections
- High-pass filter with four frequency settings
- Output Control that functions like a fader on a mixing console. Use it to adjust between the 5 dB steps of the input or to run the input hot without distorting your recorder (for extra coloration)
- Balanced XLR input and output jacks on rear panel; 1/4" DI input on front