The Complete Bundle for Red Scarlet (with Cineroid EVF Mount) from Letus35 contains every part needed to build any of the four MCS Bundles--Action Cam, Man Cam, Shoulder Cam, and Studio Cam. It includes a mattebox, a follow focus, and a mount for a Cineroid EVF. This delivers the broadest range of configuration options possible for the Master Cinema Series.
This bundle was designed for use with the Red Scarlet camera and a Cineroid EVF. The unique EVF leveling system allows the camera operator to tilt the camera up and down with minimal movement on the EVF eyepiece. While not a new concept in the 35mm film world, this is the first EVF leveler designed for DSLR cameras. The EVF leveler requires much less head movement than a hard mounted EVF solution, greatly simplifying the camera operator's job. There's also a vertical back handle that aids tripod functionality, providing a great control point for camera movement.
The included anodized aluminum and stainless steel Follow Focus allows the lens gear to be moved to either the front or back of the gear box for easier positioning on lenses, and the entire setup can be mounted to the left or the right of a lens. The gear box has forward/reverse swapping so you can have the wheel spin whichever direction you prefer for pulling focus. The 15mm bracket is quick release and can be snapped to your support rods without removing any other components. This makes it quick and easy to add or remove the follow focus without breaking down your kit.
A lightweight clamp-on matte box is included to prevent stray light from entering the lens and for mounting filters, like the included circular polarizing filter. There's a marking window to mark polarizer positions for repeatability. An anti-reflection tray (ARF) prevents light from reflecting into actors' faces when backlit.
Using an (optional) Cineroid EVF on the included adjustable EVF knuckle makes it possible for the rig to be very compact. The rig easily breaks down into smaller parts so you can move quickly from tripod to handheld and back--the entire configuration can quickly be converted to handheld by releasing one pin and attaching the touch-tab shoulder pad.
- The eyepiece leveler permits the EVF to remain relatively level while tilting the camera up and down when it is mounted to a tripod. The leveler attaches to the knuckle via the quick release bracket and allows you to obtain the best position for the EVF during use.
- The EVF knuckle is compatible with the Cineroid EVF and helps to mimic the feeling of a proper viewfinder, as with the use of a 35mm camera. The EVF is easily mounted to a quick release plate, providing simple attachment and removal from the entire knuckle. Precision alignment is possible with the use of an adjustable fluid drag pivot point, allowing tension adjustment as well as forward, backward, side-to-side, and up and down tilting movements.
- Top and back handles can be mounted to the standard 15mm rods for a variety of placement options. Featuring a stainless steel rosette pivot plate, the handles can be rotated and locked in 30° increments. They feature a silicon grip for comfort and durability.
- The rear stabilizer sits behind the baseplate on the camera interface plate, providing a second stabilization point. Ported for use with standard 15mm rods, it attaches to the camera interface plate through a simple wedge design. The camera operator can fine-tune the amount of tension on the camera interface plate and achieve a solid mount of the camera.
- New 15mm rod design prevents handles from slipping
- Quick release top iris rod system
- Innovative base plate design
- Top handle to transport easily with rosette wheel for any angle of orientation
- The included backpack can hold the battery and all MDR support
- Lightweight clamp-on design with easily interchangeable lens clamps (80mm, 114mm, and more)
- Rail mount is included for mounting matte box to 15mm support rods
- 3-4 stage matte box including the 138mm circular polarizer
- Matte box holds two 4x5.65" filters at an angle or three 4x5.65" filters straight
- Innovative ARF (Anti-reflection Tray) prevents light reflection into actors' faces when backlit
- Includes a 138mm round filter tray for circular polarizer
- Circular polarizer can be rotated via a small wheel at the top
- Pop-up filter spring to easily remove circular polarizer
- Marking window on matte box to mark polarizer positions for easy repeatability