The Letus35 Follow Focus is a versatile follow focus equipped with an efficient quick-release mount bracket and designed with highly-effective features.
The mount bracket snaps onto 15mm rods and screws tight underneath. No rig components need to first be removed. As long as the required spots are available on the rods, the mount bracket will find its way onto them. Linking the base and the gearbox is a height-adjustable articulating arm with an anti-slip rosette that securely locks into the base. The base itself is adjustable and slides to accommodate varying lens diameters.
The gear box is reversible to support different types of lenses, as some roll forward, and some, like Nikon lenses, rotate backwards. Upon changing direction, a "backlash" is commonly experienced in follow focuses, but with the Letus, backlash is less than 1mm because no looseness exists between the gears. The gear ratio is 1:2, offering easy focus pulls. The lens gear can be moved to either the front or rear of the gear box for easier positioning on lenses. And the entire setup can be mounted either on the left or right side of a lens, depending on preference.
The Letus follow focus is custom designed from scratch and built of anodized aluminum and stainless steel, with every component CNC-milled.
- Snaps onto 15mm rods by an efficient quick-release bracket
- An adjustable base slides to accommodate varying lens diameters
- A height-adjustable arm securely locks into place by an anti-slip rosette
- The gear box is reversible to support forward and backward-rotation lenses
- Backlash results in less than 1mm because no looseness exists between gears
- Lens gear can be set in front / rear of the gear box, and the full setup on left / right of the lens