The EMI TG12413 Limiter from Chandler is a plug-in that continues the tradition of EMI Limiters started in 1954. The TG12413 was a compressor limiter module that was built by EMI in the late 60's as part of the TG12345 mixing desk and TG12410 mastering console. The software is an authentic emulation of the module.
Two software versions are included; the historically accurate 1969 version is based on the module in the TG12410 Transfer, or mastering desks, and features the original HOLD control. The 2005 is closer to the Chandler's TG1 hardware reissue which changed the HOLD control for a standard INPUT control, while providing a 12dB higher input to the compressor.
In use the 1969 version may be better at more subtle limiting while the 2005 with its extra gain hits much harder, and closely resembles the sound of the TG12345 console version of the limiter. The plug-in is for use with any native based audio systems that supports Audio Units, RTAS or VST plug-in formats.
Note! Requires iLok if one is not already on the system.
- Near identical digital representation of the vintage analog hardware TG12413 module
- Functions as a 2:1 compressor or as a limiter with up to 20dB of limiting
- Supports from mono, through stereo and up to 7.1 surround operation
- Like the original hardware the plug-in displays a very classic pumping/breathing sound
- Includes historically accurate 1969 version and an updated 2005 model
- Automation and control surface support
- TG-style controls and gain reduction meter