The PRO DQxc 8 TB Hard Drive Array from Dulce Systems is an external controller with 8 removable SATA drives. It is compatible with Mac, Linux or Windows workstations via a PCIe x8 cable and Host Bus Extender (HBE). The HBE extends the PCIe bus outside the host and into the Dulce array via a PCIe x8 cable. You can select RAID levels 0, 1, 3, 5, 6 and JBOD. It supports real-time editing with ProRes 422, DV, DVC PRO HD, RED, uncompressed SD/HD and 2k film format.
- Fast and Protected Storage
The PRO DQxc hard drive array is the fastest PCIe SATA storagstorage in its class. The PRO DQxc is fully populated with 8 enterprise class high performance 500 GB, 1 TB or 2 TB 3.5" (88.89mm) 7200 RPM SATA disk drives. It runs on RAID 3 or 5 protected mode. The hard drive array has a sustained speed over 840 Mbps. You can configure the RAID engine to RAID 0 mode and the PRO DQxc will run at a speed over 970 Mbps.
In double protection RAID 6 mode, the array will run at 690 Mbps, which outperforms other less protected RAID storage. All the performance translates into productive real world workflows.
- RAID Protected
- RAID 3, 5 or 6 protection schemes are the most cost-efficient approach to insure workflow continuation. The enhanced RAID controller supports all the latest RAID capabilities to protect your projects and creative contents. RAID 3 and 5 guards against any single drive's failure and the double disk protection RAID 6 keeps your workflow going on even with one or more drives failed.
- RAID Management GUI
A web browser accessed RAID Console provides quick and easy RAID management. It comes preconfigured for Mac OS X in RAID 5 protection mode, so it might not be necessary to access the RAID Console initially. However, should you want to change the configuration or manage the disk drives, you can access the RAID Console with just a couple of clicks.
It features instant availability for no wait RAID format, email notification of RAID status and events, hardware monitoring of disk drive health conditions and temperature, view event logs for troubleshooting, creating quick and multiple RAID sets and many other features.
- Secure Assembly
- The PRO DQxc not only protects your data with the latest RAID options, it is also well connected to keep your data secured. The Quad Channel SATA II interface connectors used in the hard drive array are made of metal construction and locks securely in place to prevent accidental removal. The machine is reliable due to its secure assembly.
- Metal Drive Tray
- The storage array has a metal drive tray. As a result, the drives provide a more efficient cooling for the entire unit and it looks great with a collection of your high-end video gear.
- Editing can be done from wherever you are (i.e. either in the studio or any other location). The PRO DQxc's storage array is small and light but fast to get the work done. The PRO DQxc's gen 2 array comes with convenient, built-in, tuck-away front and rear handles, making it easy to carry all your media and projects with you. Whether in the studio or on location it works with desktops with an available PCIe slot.
- Fast PCIe RAID Controller
- The PRO DQxc hard drive array uses a reliable PCIe RAID controller for desktop computers. The RAID Controller is housed in the host computer, which reduces cost over the PRO DQxc gen 2. The PCIe RAID controller supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6 and JBOD configurations. It is easily controlled through the GUI RAID Console Management utility.