Vienna Instruments PRO 2 from the Vienna Symphonic Library is a dynamic and flexible sample player that's designed to dramatically boost your productivity, while also quickening and simplifying your creative process. The powerful sample player features a laundry list of innovative ideas and functions that will undoubtedly revolutionize how you take advantage of your virtual orchestra.
Vienna Instruments PRO 2 is based on the Vienna Symphonic Library's proprietary audio engine, but the PRO 2 version features advances in human touch and human behavior when constructing music with a virtual orchestra. Like previous Vienna sample players, Instruments PRO 2 allows you to customize every preset and all articulations, so that the player directly reflects your ideal methods for creating music. This sample player lets you customize how it works for you, but it also affords a plethora of selected features for improving the creative process and overall sound of your virtual music.
The Human Performance Control allows you to adjust the timing and intonation of your virtual musicians, which really brings the sounds to life. You can also stack multiple layers of instruments in a single instance and play them with polyphonic legato, which further humanizes your virtual arrangements. Plus, with the touch of a single fader, each virtual sample and performance can be acutely controlled to ensure the utmost accuracy in real-time. This type of control over your virtual musicians further enhances the human feel and touch you can inject into your virtual performances. The sample player even affords options for tuning scales, which lets you use controllers to switch scales while you're playing.
The Vienna Instruments PRO 2 Graphic User Interface (GUI) is also amazingly flexible. You can use the Basic View for a simple overview or the Advanced View for a display of all important parameters in the same window. This sample player features improved loading times as well. You can even play your sounds while the sample patches are still loading. Instruments PRO 2 also features an updated browser with a useful search function, as well as a separate volume control and equalizer for each matrix. There are even slot racks for up to eight articulations per cell with added patch control from a volume slider and power panning function.
To improve your virtual orchestra sound quality even more, Vienna Instruments PRO 2 utilizes Time Stretching, which works well on staccatos, runs and crescendos. The sample player also boasts a built-in reverb that's algorithmic for low latency. It supports several options for switching articulations and customizing personal work-flow patches as well. Plus, Vienna Instruments PRO 2 includes an incredibly flexible 128-key virtual keyboard display that reveals all key switches. It also features adjustable volume zones, as well as instrument ranges for stacked instruments. With so many time-saving, flexible tools and the Human Performance Control, it's hard not to see how the Vienna Instruments PRO 2 would add touch, feel, presence, life and freedom to your virtual music - all with improved work speeds and simpler operations.
Expanded Features for Vienna Instruments PRO 2
- APP Sequencer
- The internal Auto-Playback and Pattern (APP) Sequencer offers a vast variety of orchestral patterns and voicings. Trigger rhythmic patterns, runs and accompanying arrangements of the whole orchestra at the touch of a single key
- Expanded Presets & Matrices
- Take advantage of the APP Sequencer and load hundreds of preconfigured chords, phrases and patterns
- Enabling/Disabling of Cells
- Load huge presets with hundreds of articulations in no time, and without taxing your RAM. Specific articulations get loaded only when you "enable" their cells with a simple double-click. Disable cells to clear samples from RAM, while keeping all patch settings intact
- Auto Cell Naming
- Easily identify all loaded articulations by their cell names
- Auto Humanization
- Assign appropriate performance accuracy settings to all of your loaded articulations at once
- Enveloped Time Stretching
- Easily determine which part of an articulation should be manipulated and adjust the speed of a portamento or the attack of a staccato
- SSD Ready
- Load 10 times more samples into your RAM, 10 times faster, by reducing the sample preload buffer size when using Solid State Drives
- Scale Editor
- Change the pitch of specific notes of your scales to customize your microtunings
- Extended Instrument Ranges
- Extend the range of each articulation up to two whole tones (both in the high and low register) by simply grabbing the handles on the virtual keyboard
Carry Over Features from Vienna Instruments PRO
- Human Performance Control lets you adjust the timing and intonation of your virtual musicians
- Stack multiple instruments in a single instance and play them with polyphonic legato
- Keyboard display with 128 keys that shows all key switches and features adjustable volume zones, as well as instrument ranges for stacked instruments
- Super-fast loading times - even after cold starting. You have the advantage of a load progress bar and you can even play the sounds while the sample patches are still loading
- An innovative GUI design features Basic View for an easy overview or Advanced View, which displays all of the important parameters in the same window
- With the inclusion of tuning scales, you can switch scales using controllers while you're playing. For instance, you might switch from just intonation to an Arabic scale - or even use your own scales
- Time stretching with Instruments Pro 2 works great with staccatos, runs, crescendos and more
- The built-in reverb is algorithmic for low latency
- Flexible options for switching articulations includes sequence map and interval map
- Slot rack for up to eight articulations per cell with volume slider and power panning for each patch. Even stack your own powerful multi-instruments using auto voicing
- Separate volume control and EQ for each matrix
- Several integrated options available for customizing patches and articulations for your work-flow
- Features a useful browser with search function