The ER 2.5-10x42 Riflescope (IBS, W&E) from Leica features an outstanding optical design and reliable internal mechanics. This rugged, yet extremely refined, sighting solution is well suited for hunting or precision shooting.
Combining a magnification range of 2.5-10x with a 42mm objective enhances long-range targeting abilities, while maintaining excellent short-range target-acquisition performance. Leica's legendary optical genius adds cutting edge technology to this already high performance optic; precision ground lenses with AquaDura coatings produce an extremely crisp and well-detailed sight picture.
This ER 2.5-10x42 is configured with a 30 mm tube, a matte black finish and 1/4 MOA adjustments. It is factory-set parallax-free with an adjustment ring for parallax compensation. The IBS (Integrated Ballistics System) reticle is in the second focal plane and it has fast reticle adjustment for its elevation turret and the windage turret.
The Integrated Ballistics System mates the IBS reticle with the IBS Ballistics Calculator accessed via the internet. The web based calculator provides functionality to create custom ballistic charts for individual rifle/cartridge combinations. The generated chart can be printed out from a home computer or created and referenced in the field via a handheld device.
A mounting base and rings are used to attach a riflescope to a firearm. A comfortable sight picture is contingent upon the height of the rings. A comfortable cheek-weld is the result of properly positioning the scope over the receiver. Mounting the scope close to the receiver is preferable, yet scopes with larger objectives need higher rings so the front bell can clear the barrel. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- Transmission TD/TN ≥ 90 %
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body
- Factory-set parallax-free at 109.4 yd / 100 m
- Nitrogen-filled to prevent fogging and waterproof to 13' / 4 m
- AquaDura lens coating so that water rolls off lenses and dirt is easily removed
- Elevation and windage turrets provide reticle compensation for accurate target acquisition
- Integrated Ballistic System (IBS) reticle is in the 2nd focal plane and has 4 medium posts morphing into 4 lightweight posts to form cross hairs. The horizontal cross hairs have increasingly longer hash marks moving away from the center aiming point. There are alternating dots and hash marks on the lower vertical stadia
- The IBS reticle has been developed to work in conjunction with the IBS Ballistic Calculator powered by G7 and accessed via the internet. Basic information is entered into the calculator to generate a custom ballistics chart for each hold over dot or hash mark for the particular rifle and cartridge