The Bosch CCS-CUDR Control Unit is the central power and control station for all CCS 900 Ultro Conference System contributor units, such as the chairman and delegate units. The control unit will supply power for up to 50 delegate / chairman units, and provide control for up to 150. The unit features a built in speaker and automated, programmable control over contributor units without the need for an operator.
Easily record digital audio files of discussions to an SD card for playback on a sound system, digital transcription with a PC and more Its Digital Acoustic Feedback Suppression (DAFS) eliminates feedback howling and maintains clear, intelligible speech. Plenty of connections allow for interfacing within paging systems, amplifier systems, recording devices and more. The unit is feature rich, however its control section is straightforward and intuitive to operate in any conference setting.
- Built-in MP3 Recording & Playback with Graphical Display
- The CU has a built-in recorder to digitally record a discussion to an SD Card. The graphical display shows the status of the recorder and the accompanying buttons can be used to configure the recorder.
- Digital Acoustic Feedback Suppression
- The digital acoustic feedback suppression facility automatically eliminates acoustic feedback (also known as 'howling' or 'Larsen effect'). This gives better speech intelligibility by allowing the speaker volume to be turned up as loud as required without any risk of feedback.
- Discussion Control Without Operator
The CU can be setup to operate standalone without the need for an operator. The following 5 modes can be chosen using a rotary control on the unit's top panel:
- • Open mode - allows selection of one to four microphones (excluded chairmen microphones) which can be simultaneously active
- • Override mode - delegates can override each other simply by activating their microphones. Only one microphone can be active at any one time. (Note: In override mode, delegates cannot override chairmen)
- • Test mode - checks if system connections are correct. All microphone light rings and contribution unit LEDs light up to indicate that units are properly connected
- Supplies Power for up to 50 Contribution Units
- The CU has two trunk outputs for the loop-through connection of contribution units. It is possible to connect 25 contribution units to each trunk output, with a maximum system cable length of 109.3 yards (100m).
- Provides Control for up to 150 Contribution Units
- Up to 3 CUs can be used together in a discussion system to power and control a maximum of 150 contribution units. In this configuration a single CU acts as a master controller for the entire system.
- Built-in Monitor Loudspeaker
- The built-in monitor loudspeaker and headphone socket allow the conference to be monitored.
- Interfaces the System With External Equipment
The following equipment can be interfaced to the CCS Ultro Discussion System through the CU:
- • External wired or wireless microphone - for guest speakers or audience participation. (Note: The external microphone is muted when the priority button on a chairman unit is pressed, and when the system is operating in 'chairman only' mode)
- • Tape recorder - for external recording and playing back meetings and discussions
- • Telephone coupler - to allow a remote delegate to participate via telephone
- Controls and Indicators (Top)
• Mains on/off switch
- • Graphical display for status information (CCS‐CURD)
- • Loudspeaker volume control, for setting output level of loudspeakers of contribution units. This control also determines the maximum level for the headphone outputs of the contribution units and the CU.
- • Power on LED
- Controls and Indicators (Back)
• On/off switch for digital acoustic feedback suppression facility (CCS‐CUD, CCS‐CURD)
- • Microphone input gain adjustment
- • Insertion connector bypass switch