This is a Digital Juice Super 5.0 x 7.0' Gold/Silver Zigzag / White Reflector. Designed for use in the studio or on location, it adds light to shadow areas, adds or subtracts color casts, or diffuses harsh light.
Each Super Reflector has a sturdy spring-steel frame that is covered by heavy duty fabric. With a twist of both wrists (and a little practice), they collapse to 1/5 their open sizes. Each comes with a nylon storage bag. This version of the reflector has reversible white and zigzag or herring bone mixed silver/gold surfaces. The white surface is universally acknowledged to be the softest reflective surface. You often hear light reflected from it referred to as "bounce light." Color remains neutral or very slightly warm. The surface is especially kind to skin, with its tendency to smooth over rather than accentuate skin irregularities.
The Gold/Silver Zigzag surface is many photographers favorite. It has the crispness of silver and the warmth of gold combined. It's a great all around surface but especially good when a professionally made-up model is photographed or when photographing children or weddings in open shade.
- Super Reflectors
- Reflectors like these are an integral part of video and film production because they have so many uses - with or without additional lighting, inside the studio or on location. Their large size makes them even more indispensable, broadening their use for larger lighting areas and situations where your talent needs to move around a bit more or where you need to move the camera away from the subject more. This added flexibility does not come at the cost of portability however, since these lightweight screens fold up to 1/5 their original size and each screen comes in its own lightweight easy-carry bag.
- Made to Last
- Heavy gauge, double riveted, spring steel frame allows the large screens to stay rigid when open but also makes them flexible enough to fold into a compact size
- Hand-sewn, perfect fit fabric with high heat resistance. High quality craftsmanship, materials and fabrics.
- 8 touch fastener straps on each screen allow positioning and securing to a wide variety of stands and objects.
- When Bigger is Better
- The super size of these reflectors allows for larger areas to be lit with just a reflector when on location outdoors, negating the need for a lighting kit. The gold Super Reflector warms skin tones, giving the effect of sunset lighting in the middle of the day.
- Who Uses Reflectors?
If you're involved in the production of video, film, or photography at any level you need reflectors of some kind. Lighting is as much about problem solving as it is about aesthetics. Use a reflector:
- When you need more lights but you don't have any
- When you need to shape or modify the nature of the light to create a more diffused, softer, less harsh and more pleasing look
- When you need to modify the color temperature to create a warmer or cooler effect