This is a Digital Juice Super 5.0 x 7.0' White Diffuser. Designed for use in the studio or on location, it adds light to shadow areas, adds or subtracts color casts, or diffuses harsh light.
Each Super Reflector or Diffuser has a sturdy spring-steel frame that is covered by heavy duty fabric. With a twist of both wrists (and a little practice), they collapse to 1/5 their open sizes. Each comes with a nylon storage bag. This version of the reflector has reversible white and zigzag or herring bone mixed silver/gold surfaces.
The translucent surface is a favorite of videographers and filmmakers. It's basically like taking an oversized front face off of a softbox and fitting it to a frame. Prop it up between two stands and pump some light through it like they do on film sets. In fact, used like this it resembles Digital Juice's very own Butterfly Frame. While not quite as reflective as the solid white surface, it will provide a degree of soft reflectance, especially with the talent up close. And speaking of butterflies, raise this translucent Super Diffuser high over the heads of your subjects for bright, soft, low contrast light that won't broil them in the hot sun.
- Super Reflectors and Diffusers
- Reflectors and Diffusers like these are an integral part of video and film production because they have so many uses - with or without additional lighting, inside the studio or on location. Their large size makes them even more indispensable, broadening their use for larger lighting areas and situations where your talent needs to move around a bit more or where you need to move the camera away from the subject more. This added flexibility does not come at the cost of portability however, since these lightweight screens fold up to 1/5 their original size and each screen comes in its own lightweight easy-carry bag.
- Made to Last
- Heavy gauge, double riveted, spring steel frame allows the large screens to stay rigid when open but also makes them flexible enough to fold into a compact size
- Hand-sewn, perfect fit fabric with high heat resistance. High quality craftsmanship, materials and fabrics.
- 8 touch fastener straps on each screen allow positioning and securing to a wide variety of stands and objects.
- When Bigger is Better
- The super size of these reflectors allows for larger areas to be lit with just one or diffuser.
- Who Uses Reflectors?
If you're involved in the production of video, film, or photography at any level you need reflectors of some kind. Lighting is as much about problem solving as it is about aesthetics. Use a reflector:
- When you need more lights but you don't have any
- When you need to shape or modify the nature of the light to create a more diffused, softer, less harsh and more pleasing look
- When you need to modify the color temperature to create a warmer or cooler effect