The Rocket SATA 3 Gbps 4-Channel 2 Port PCI Express x1 RAID HBA from HighPoint adds high-performance external SATA RAID storage to any PCIe compatible PC. The RocketRAID 2300 directly supports up to 2 SATA hard drives and up to 20 if used in conjunction with port-multiplier equipped drive enclosures. The RocketRAID supports a variety of RAID and non-RAID configurations including single disks, JBODs, and RAID 0 and RAID 1 arrays.
The Rocket RAID 2300 supports all major PC operating systems including Windows 7/2008/Vista, Linux distributions, and FreeBSD. RocketRAID host adapters include the HighPoint Web-RAID Management Interface WebGUI which allows both novices and experts to quickly configure, manage, and monitor storage configurations. CLI (command line interface) packages are available for Linix and FreeBSD distributions.
The RocketRAID 2300 is set to give much faster and improved I/O and supports features that are critical for high performance computing and high end workstation and enterprise storage server environments. PCIe delivers data transfer in both directions simultaneously with its serial data transfer system and brings with it higher clock speeds. Each expansion slot in PCIe can have several channels which gives plenty of room for expansion. There is also the same data rate in both directions, providing performance and scalability for the next decade.
The RocketRAID 2300 Controller offers 4 internal ports that combine high-performance storage connectivity of Serial ATA with HighPoint's advanced RAID features including Online Capacity Expansion, Online RAID Level Migration (OCE/ORLM) and HighPoint's RAID Management software.
- Hot swapping/hot spare
- Single RAID Cross Adapter
- 64 bit LBA support for over 2 TB support
- Drive (activity/failed) LED
- SAF-TE chassis management
- SMTP support for Email notification
- PCIe x1 (x4, x8 and x16 slot compatible)
- SATA II and SATA I hard drive support
- Up to 300 Mbps for each SATA II drive port
- Support RAID level 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD
- Dynamic Sector Repair and Remapping
- Online Capacity Expansion and Online RAID Level Migration (OCE/ORLM)
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- SAF-TE enclosure management
- Hard drive activity and Failed LED support
- Staggered drive spin-up support
- Write-through and write-back cache support
- Quick and Background initialization for quick RAID configuration
- Online array roaming
- BIOS booting support (INT13)
- 64 bit LBA for over 2 TB support
- Automatic RAID rebuild of failed drive
- S.M.A.R.T drive monitoring for status and reliability
- Browser-based RAID management software
- Command Line Interface (CLI)