The Rocstor 1TB Rocsafe MX Secure Encrypted Pocket Size Hard Drive/ Enclosure/ USB/ FireWire is a compact, technologically advanced external drive with an enclosure. This is the consumer version, as opposed to the U.S. government edition. Featuring two-factor authentication, the drive offers real-time hardware encryption. Designed to meet the standards of security-conscious professionals, Rocsafe MX stores data on the included SATA hard disk drive with 1.0 TB data storage capacity and 5400 rpm speed, but can also support a Solid State Drive / SSD (not included). The enclosure boasts both USB 2.0 and FireWire 800 / 400 connections, offering data transfer speeds of up to 800 Mb/s.
The Rocsafe features an integrated hardware-based encryption chipset in its internal circuitry. The cryptographic encryption module boasts Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength, and works in real time, so data encryption and decryption is almost instantaneous. In CBC mode, the encryption chipset is certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and US Federal Information Processing Standard FIPS Level 2 for a Cryptographic Module. The Rocsafe is authenticated via a dual-factor method: Secure (ISO7816 compliance) smartcard and password (pin number); the card is inserted for authentication and subsequently removed, after which the system is ready for secure data transfer. This level of security is thus on par with that of bank ATM cards.
Another feature of the Rocsafe is an embedded keypad that enables you to key in your PIN directly, ensuring protection against key-loggers who could be recording keystrokes on your PC. This feature, combined with full disk encryption and smartcard-based authentication, affords you the ultimate in protection against hackers and information thieves with unrivaled simplicity of use.
The Rocsafe MX requires no mounting and can be easily plugged in between the SATA connector on the motherboard and the hard disk drive. It functions transparently and encrypts all data written onto the hard disk without sacrificing any disk performance. Rocsafe MX needs no extra software drivers or applications for installation, and functions totally independently of the operating system. Once deployed, you can rest easy, knowing that all the data on the Rocsafe MX is fully safe from unauthorized access in the event of hard disk loss or theft. The data is accessible as long as the Rocsafe MX is powered ON.
Engineered to be both bootable and bus-powered, the versatile Rocsafe MX is compatible with MS Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as Linux.
Data Storage / Transfer Features
- Stores data on included SATA hard drive with 1.0 TB data storage capacity, or on a Solid State Drive / SSD (not included)
- USB 2.0 and FireWire 800 / 400 connections
- Data transfer speeds of up to 800 Mb/s (FireWire 800)
- Pocket-sized, easily portable
- Bus powered and bootable
- Includes all required cables
- Carrying case included
- Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength
- Real-time encryption with virtually no time taken to encrypt and decrypt data
- Military-grade hardware encryption, as opposed to software embedded in a chip
- In CBC mode, the encryption chipset / cryptographic engine is a hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), US Federal Information Processing Standard FIPS Level 2 (140-2) for a Cryptographic Module (FIPS inside), and CSE (Communications Security Establishment) of Canada
- Two-factor authentication: Smartcard and password protected. Card is inserted for authentication and subsequently removed, after which the system is ready for secure data transfer. This level of security is thus on par with that of bank ATM cards
- No software or GUI is involved or required installations for encryption or authentication
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems
- The Rocsafe MX utilizes data encryption and pre-boot authentication, enabling organizations to better safeguard and control access to their corporate and customer records. This is in compliance with regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB), in addition to being FCC, CE and ISO7816 Smartcard compliant