The 1.25" diameter barrel Ethos-SX 4.7mm Eyepiece from Tele Vue is a compact durable wide-field telescope eyepiece designed for lunar and planetary observations. The Ethos series deliver true field size of a longer focal length, narrower apparent field eyepiece with the benefits of higher power and darker sky background. Each eyepiece is optimized for high contrast, comfortable eye relief; and control of astigmatism, optical distortion, angular magnification, and low pupil sensitivity for daytime use.
Wide pupil diameter and long eye relief make the 4.7mm-SX eyepiece ideal for comfortable long-duration observation. Contrast is enhanced by flat-finished baffles that prevent stray light from degrading the image transmitted through the ocular. Anti-reflective coatings on all optical surfaces are tuned to the composition of each element, ensuring bright, high contrast, color faithful images from center to edge.
- Images are color neutral from center to edge, even as the observed object approaches the field stop. Anti-reflective multicoated lenses are tuned for each element in the optical path, ensuring high contrast and color faithful light transmission.
- Wide apparent field of view displays a broad image with minimal optical distortion, ideal for planetary and lunar observation.
- Wide pupil diameter and long eye relief ensure comfortable long-duration observation through your telescope.
- Stray light is prevented from degrading the transmitted image by flat finished baffles and the fold-down rubber eyecup.
- 1.25" diameter barrel, with an included 2" adapter to expand the capabilities of the eyepiece.