The Tele Vue-76 Complete 3.0"/76mm Refractor Telescope (Green) from Tele Vue is a leading classic in the stellar field of high end serious sky watching. Tele Vue's craftsmanship and optical excellence is legendary. This APO doublet refractor offers a 480mm focal length with f/6.3 in a precision crafted instrument. The traditional Tele Vue-76 telescope has been upgraded with a Focusmate dual-speed 10:1 rack and pinion focuser. A combination of focal length, aperture and field of view renders this scope a first choice for both celestial and terrestrial viewing.
The Tele Vue-76 Complete bundles a Tele Vue Plössl 20mm eyepiece and an Everbrite 90° mirror diagonal with the telescope. The 2" diagonal is provisioned to accept a 1.25" eyepiece with the included adapter. A sliding metal dew shield, screw-on metal lens cover, tube ring-mount with mounting threads and a Tele Vue Telescope Balance Aid make a very practical telescope package with only the addition of a mount and tripod necessary. The spiffy, soft, carrying case completes and complements the Tele Vue-76 Complete 3.0"/76mm Refractor.
The apochromatic refractor is the telescope design which produces the greatest breathtaking contrast and resolution, and Tele Vue doesn't skimp on the engineering. It won't deliver the light gathering capacity per dollar of Newtonian reflectors nor the portability for aperture of a Schmidt-Cassegrain. What it does deliver are views to be envied by both, with the darkest of background sky and the sharpest, widest fields imaginable. Combined with Tele Vue eyepieces, the experience cannot be bested by anything one would consider portable.
- APO doublet refractor with 1 group of 2 elements
- Soft, padded, shoulder bag allows convenient and stylish transportation
- Sliding metal dew shield and screw-on metal lens cover add protection and shielding to the telescope
- Tele Vue Telescope Balance Aid APB-1008 moves the center of gravity forward to help balance heavier eyepieces
- Focusmate dual-speed 2" rack & pinion focuser 10:1 with a 1¼" eyepiece adapter and a brass clamp ring
- Adjustable ring mount with ¼-20 tapped holes for standard photographic tripods or optional Tele Vue mountings
- Everbrite 2", 99%, 1/10-wave, mirror diagonal with brass clamp ring imparts correct visual orientation and reduced neck strain
- Fully multicoated optics provide multiple layers on all air to glass surfaces for a brighter, higher-contrast image with less eyestrain
- Tele Vue Plössl 1.25" 20mm eyepiece provides a 50° Apparent Field of View, 14mm eye relief, 24x magnification, 3.2mm exit pupil and an FOV of 106.9' @ 1000 yds
- Short, fast focal length of 480mm f/6.3. Besides the primary use as a photo/visual telescope it is also suited for lower-powered and wide field terrestrial views