The Neumann KMR 81 D Digital Shotgun Microphone is a digital version of the coveted Neumann KMR 81 I shotgun microphone. This digital counterpart to the KMR 81 I exhibits all the benefits of its lobe/supercardioid polar pattern with professional grade A/D conversion and an internal compressor / limiter to avoid digital peak clipping. The capsule features a combination of a pressure gradient transducer and an interference tube.
If the wavelength of the frequency is longer than the tube length, the microphones work as pressure gradient transducers. At higher frequencies they operate as interference transducers for lateral sound. As a result all off-axis sound sources are attenuated without coloration. The KMR 81 D is well suited to record individual instruments, vocals and speech within highly ambient environment and much more.
Note! This is a digital microphone and requires a converter kit (not included) for operation.
- Interference tube microphone with shotgun directional characteristic
- Interference/pressure-gradient transducer
- High lateral and back attenuation
- 90° recording angle
- Extensive accessories for outdoor use
- Light weight: 3.17oz (90g)
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm. Pure Neumann capsule sound
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system
- The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van)