The Samsung HMX-QF20 HD Flash Camcorder with Wi-Fi (Black) sports WiFi capabilities, along with a bevy of other beneficial features and functions. More than just a camcorder, the QF20 allows you to take your freshly capture video and still images and instantly share them with your social network, when you're in a hotspot. If you're feeling more traditional, however, you can still keep the files saved on a good-old SD card for transfer to a computer when you're finished shooting.
The camera's shooting specs are respectable, in that they give you a range of options, all geared toward recording detailed, beautiful memories. At the heart of the QF20 is the 5Mp 1/4.1" BSI CMOS Low Light Sensor. The sensor works to ensure that even footage shot at night is clean and readable while providing you with the ability to shoot 5.3Mp still images as well. Video resolutions of 1080i and 720p can be achieved with the camera, for great-looking videos, even on your big-screen HDTV.
Of course, all these great images are made possible with help from a 29.6mm Schneider-Kreuznach Varioplan HD lens with 20x optical zoom. The 2.7" touchscreen LCD with Switch Grip is an indispensable element as well, giving you a platform on which to compose and review footage. Additionally, the screen enables drag-and-drop functionality and automatic adjustment, depending on which hand you're using to navigate the menu.
When it comes to editing your footage, the QF20 features built-in Intelli-Studio 2.0 software, for use on virtually any PC. Intelli-Studio starts up immediately upon connecting the camera to the computer. Another in-camera editing function is the Art Movie function. This feature allows you to do various things to your video from special effects to time-lapse recording, to adding background music to your videos, and then some.
- 5MP BSI CMOS super low light sensor
- The Q20 5-megapixel Backside-Illuminated CMOS super low light sensor is 1/4.1" large and is designed to increase the amount of light captured during recording. It thus achieves high-quality capture in low-light conditions
- HD Capture and Recording
- The Q20 captures HD video at 1080i and 720 resolutions. You can select the 1080 resolution for top quality or the 720 for longer recording time. The footage gets stored on an SD memory card which can conveniently be off-loaded into your computer
- Crisp Still Photos
- Switch to the still mode to shoot crisp 5.3 megapixel photos
- Wide Lens with 20x Optical Zoom and OIS Duo
- The Q20 is equipped with a Schneider-Kreuznach Varioplan-HD 29.6mm wide-angle lens capable of 20x optical zoom. Additionally, the lens functions with a fast aperture of f/1.8 which enhances the excellent low-light performance of the sensor. The Q20 also features Dual Optical Image Stabilization, which is a hardware-based technology that ensures smooth shoots by compensating for any shakes that the camera detects
- 2.7" Touch Screen LCD with Switch Grip
- The 2.7" LCD of the Q20 features Samsung's Smart-Touch technology via which icons on the display are handled in drag-and-drop operation. Also, the Q20 features Samsung's innovative Switch Grip technology, which automatically senses if you're using your left or right hand and adjusts the LCD display accordingly so you can better control recording settings
- Additionally, Wi-Fi capability allows you to monitor your videos live on a TV as you're shooting and to also automatically back-up your footage and photos onto a PC without any kind of cable connection.
- Intelli-Studio 3.0
- Built-in advanced editing software gives you the freedom to play, edit and share files on any PC. Intelli-Studio even starts up automatically. Simply plug into any PC via the USB input
- Art Movie Function
- The Art Movie function consists of creative capture features that achieve special effects
- Time-Lapse Recording via which still frames are taken at preset intervals and put together in sequential order to create a video file that speeds up the slow passage of time
- The Record Pause Function lets you briefly pause while recording, yet still create one continuous file for easy uploading to social networking sites. No more need to merge separate files for editing before uploading
- Smart BGM 2 is Samsung's second version of its Smart Background Music feature which allows you to add music to your movies during playback without overwhelming the words. The Smart Background Music feature lets you add one of the preloaded soundtracks to your video. If the system senses someone is speaking, it automatically lowers the volume of the music