The Sony VPL-CX235 3LCD BrightEra XGA Projector packs an impressive array of features in a moderately priced unit which is ideal for business, educational or home use. This full-featured projector offers a powerful 4100 lumens of brightness backed with a crisp 3100:1 contrast ratio, rendering sharp vivid 1024 x 768 resolution images on screens up to 300" (7.6 m). Its 0.63" 3LCD imaging panels (the parts that create the image) deliver smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range.
The VPL-CX235 projector will keep saving you money after the initial purchase. Energy savings start with the 245W high-pressure mercury lamp. It boasts a projected life of 5000 hours in low mode and since it's is synchronized with the durable filter, both are replaced at the same time saving precious minutes of downtime during feature films or presentations. Extended lamp life is possible with a new driving scheme that reduces gap expansion and brightness gradation, plus a new cooling system that allows uniformity in the temperature of the glass bulb and prevents it from clouding.
The VPL-CX235 is equipped to use your local network (LAN) thanks to its wired RJ-45 (Ethernet) jack. You can make presentations from any PC on your network as well as managing, monitoring and controlling it remotely. You can also send important announcements like rescheduling information or weather updates to a whole fleet of VPL-CX235s.
The VPL-CX235 also has the international credentials you've come to expect in more expensive projectors. It's got a world-ready 100 to 240 V 50/60Hz power supply. It can handle NTSC, PAL and SECAM video signals. The VPL-CX235 also decodes and displays closed captioning from programming that provides it, benefiting those in your audience with hearing impairments. It also helps people with native languages other than English as well as those in noisy environments such as gyms and trade shows.
Lastly, auto input search detects which input has an incoming signal and automatically switches to it. This makes it easier for users to set up the projector prior to making a presentation.
- Maximum 4100 Lumens Brightness with High, Standard and Low Modes
- The VPL-CX235 features three brightness modes for different uses - High 4100 lumens for naturally white presentations in bright rooms, standard 3100 lumens for everyday use, and low 2200 lumens for video in darkened rooms
- Impressive Throw Ratio
- The VPL-CX235 offers a 1.66 to 2.41:1 throw ratio that can accommodate most large classrooms or large meeting rooms
- 3LCD BrightEra Technology
- Sony's 0.63" BrightEra inorganic TFT 3 LCD panels deliver improved panel light resistance, higher resolution, high brightness and increased panel reliability
- XGA 4:3 Resolution
- The VPL-CX235 has a native XGA (1024 x 768) 4:3 screen resolution panel that is perfect for presentations direct from video, laptop or PC
- 5000 Hours Lamp Life
- Extended lamp life is possible with a new driving scheme that reduces gap expansion and brightness gradation, plus a new cooling system that allows uniformity in the temperature of the glass bulb and prevents it from clouding
- Environmentally Friendly Eco Mode
- Users can easily select power saving eco modes. The most energy efficient mode is accessible though a single button push, and further adjustments are available through an easily understood menu system
- Lamp Dimming
- The projector can reduce power consumption and brightness by 10 to 15% without user detection. After a pre-set time is assigned by the user, the brightness and power consumption will reduce to 30% power usage. Instant 100% brightness returns with a new signal input to the projector
- Picture Mute
- Picture mute reduces power consumption down to 30% power usage, saving cost and lamp hours. This feature can be used in the education market as an instant off/on between class changes, or in the corporate market as a tool to redirect attention away from the screen and reduce power
- Vertical and Horizontal Keystone Adjustment
- The projector can correct keystone distortion by V: +/- 30%; H: +/- 20% for perfect installation adjustment
- Smart APA (Auto Pixel Alignment)
- When a computer is used as a picture source, APA automatically optimizes phase, pitch and shift values. These can also be adjusted manually
- Auto Input Search
- Auto input search detects which input has an incoming signal and automatically switches to it. This makes it easier for users to set up the projector prior to making a presentation
- Audio Switcher Facility
- To avoid the need for a separate audio switcher, the projector can be used to select between two audio sources, routing them via a variable audio output to the room amplification system
- Picture Freeze Function
- Picture freeze is useful during presentations if you need to look at other material on your PC's screen without the viewing audience being aware. Freeze the current image, and you can use your PC independently of the display from the projector
- Digital Zoom
- With digital zoom, if you are displaying a computer sourced image, you can enlarge a selected area of the screen image
- Off and Go
- At the end of a presentation, you can turn off the power supply to the projector immediately, instead of going through a power down cycle
- Direct Power On/Off
- With this function, there is no need to go through standby mode when powering up the projector. The projector can be set to activate as soon as power is applied
- Security Features
- The VPL-CX235 has a package of security measures, including password protection, and physical anti-theft anchor points
- Multiple Picture Modes
- The VPL-CX235 has six picture modes (dynamic, standard, game, living, cinema and presentation) that can be selected to suite the nature of the source material