If you have an Apple device -- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch -- or an Android smartphone, chances are you already use it for a ton of day-to-day tasks. But how about using your device of choice to change the channel on TV, turn up the volume of a playlist, or put on a movie?
Logitech Harmony's Link helps you do just that. Once set up, it can control your TV, set-top box, music system and much more. It connects to your home Wi-Fi network and a free app that you download from the iTunes App Store or the Android Marketplace onto your device. Its mini IR blaster even makes it possible to send signals through closed cabinet doors, affording you greater flexibility.
Benefits of using the Harmony Link include one-touch activity-based control, a TV channel guide display on your device, and swiping for control. All-told, the Harmony Link works with over 5,000 brands; so your current collection of home entertainment devices should be on the list. You'll be able to control up to eight different devices in your setup. Plus, online setup is easy and the Link is compatible with both Mac and Windows computers.
- Works With Free App
- Your new Harmony Link works with a free app for your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Android smartphone
- One-Touch Activity-Based Controls
- A single touch turns on your favorite devices and selects the appropriate input settings depending on what you want to do -- like "Watch a Movie" or "Listen to Music"
- TV Channel Guide
- You tell the Harmony Link app your location and TV service provider, and the TV channel guide helps you find something good to watch
- Swipe for Control
- You can use simple swipes and taps to control volume, video playback and more
- Controls up to 8 Devices
- The Harmony Link supports over 5,000 brands and more than 225,000 device models. Logitech is constantly updating the database, so you won't have to worry about future additions to your setup being compatible
- Easy Setup
- Connect your Harmony Link to your computer, go through an online setup and tell them what equipment you have. This remote is even capable of "learning" commands from other remotes, so you'll have complete control of every feature of your devices