The Canon CN-E 14.5-60mm T2.6 L S Cinema Zoom Lens with EF Mount is designed expressly for digital cinematography with cameras that have an APS-C or Super 35-equivalent sensor and a EF mount, including Canon's EOS C300. Featuring advanced optical technology designed by Canon, the lens is suitable for any capturing any size HD image up to and including 4K resolution.
With a focal length range of 14.5-60mm, the 4.1x cinema zoom lens is designed to cover the wider end of the focal lengths typically required by cinematic productions, and its wide-angle length of 14.5mm puts it among the best in its class. (The other zoom lens in the line, the CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S, covers the telephoto end.) Maximum aperture is a very fast T2.6 through the entire range, and the 11-blade iris enables a smooth bokeh for out-of-focus areas of the frame.
The lens was designed with working professionals in mind, with easy-to-read focus, zoom, and iris markings engraved into angled surfaces on both sides of the lens, so you can read the setting from either side of a camera – or from behind it. Depending on the production's needs, focus markings can be switched from standard to metric. The lens facilitates manual operation that's subtle, smooth, precise, and repeatable. Control rings are designed to provide and maintain the proper amount of resistance so you can operate with a consistent torque. The focus rotation angle is about 300°; for zoom, it's approximately 160°.
The CN-E 14.5-60mm T2.6 L S lens complements the other lens in the line in more ways than just focal length range: Their shared 136mm front diameter, gear positions, and rotation angle make them almost "hot-swappable" when they're used with a shared matte box or follow focus.
- Internal Focus Design
- The internal geared focus design of the lens minimizes focus-induced changes, known as "breathing"
- Cinematic Blurring
- An 11-blade aperture diaphragm results in soft, cinematic blurring of out-of-focus areas
- Special Glass & Construction
- Designed to counteract barrel expansion and contraction, the special glass and the construction of the lens suppress temperature-induced marking discrepancies and flange-back changes
- Broad Focal Length Range
- The 14.5-60mm focal length range of the lens covers a great portion of the range most commonly used in cinema shooting
- Large Aspherical Lenses
- Fluorite and aspherical lens elements reduce distortion and give high optical performance
- Anti-Reflective Coating
- The anti-reflective coating of the lens helps reduce ghosting or flaring
- Switchable Unit for Focus Marking
- The outer piece of the marked focus rings can be switched from metric to non-metric labeling
- Marked on Both Sides
- Markings are visible from either side of the lens
- Better Marking Visibility
- Focus, zoom, and iris markings are printed on angled surfaces, making them easier to read from behind the camera
- Unified Front Lens Diameter, Gear Position
- A single front lens diameter and uniform gear positions across the line of lenses eliminate the need to move or adjust accessories when switching between lenses
- Flange-Back Adjustment Mechanism
- A covered flange-back mechanism is included for more accurate back-focus
- Supports Standard Accessories
- The lens can be used with standard accessories such as follow focus gears, marking disks, and matte boxes
- Ergonomic & Efficient
- Control rings offer the right amount of resistance and consistent operating torque
- Light & Compact
- Smaller and lighter than similar movie lenses of the same range, making them more comfortable to work with, hour after hour