Tonelux Tilt from Softube is an EQ plug-in for native based digital audio systems that provides a fast and easy way to make a track sit better in a mix, or make it sound "warmer" or "cooler". It's also perfect for live situations where the whole mix needs to be tweak to adjust for ear fatigue.
The innovative Tilt design was first featured on the Tonelux MP1, a discrete microphone preamp module. The plug-in is a joint development between Tonelux designer Paul Wolff and Softube, and is officially endorsed by Tonelux. The plug-in features not only the original Tilt design but also adds a couple of new features.
A special "Live" version of the Tilt plug-in is included, optimized for live systems with features requested by live sound engineers. It also includes modeling of the transformer found in the original microphone preamp which adds a subtle distortion for bass frequencies, fattening up the low end of a track.
Note: Requires iLok if one is not already on the system.
- Tonelux Tilt control plug-in from the MP1 microphone preamps
- Created with original Tonelux designer Paul Wolff
- Loudness control allows for "beefing up" or "thinning down" a mix
- High- and low-pass filters,- with 12 -dB/octave option
- Modeled output transformer distortion
- Tilt Live plug-in optimized for live sound engineers ( included,)
- Low CPU usage
- Tilt/Loud Section
- One-knob EQ that rebalances the sound without changing the apparent volume of the material
- Choose Tilt Mode for a filter that either tilts the signal towards the bass or the treble
- Set it to Loud and the filter will become a loudness filter that boosts both high and low frequencies, or cuts both
- Filter Section
- High- and low-pass filter can further shape the sound or help get rid of problematic frequencies in a track
- 12dB/octave setting allows for using a sharper cut-off for the low cut
- Output Section
- Depending on which version of the Tilt used, the Tilt knob in the output section will be either a Gain control (Tilt) or a Boost Ceiling control (Tilt Live)
- In a live situation it is often necessary to adjust the audio spectrum without changing the maximum gain of the signal, for example to avoid feedback - with the Live version, the Boost Ceiling can be set to achieve this
- With Boost Ceiling set a 0, the output will never be louder than the input, and regardless of the settings the plug-in will only attenuate, never boost
- If the Boost Ceiling is set at maximum (6+) it will behave just like the normal Tilt version and instead keep the apparent volume at a constant level, regardless of the Tilt control setting
- Transformer Modeling
- The transformer distortion from the Tonelux MP1a microphone preamp is included in the Tilt plug-in (except for the Tilt Live version), adding a subtle distortion for bass frequencies which fattens up the low end of a track
- Optimized for Live and Real-Time Use
- Tilt Live was specially designed for live and real-time usage, making it even more CPU efficient than the already slim Tilt plug-in