The Trident A-Range EQ from Softube is a native based EQ plug-in based on the EQ section of the Trident A-Range console, and created in collaboration with Malcolm Toft, its original designer. Although many seminal records were recorded through the A-Range consoles, only thirteen of them were ever made. The plug-in is a model of channel 15 from one of these console currently located at Sweet Silence Studio 'B' in Denmark.
The channel features four-bands of EQ along with switchable high- and low-pass filters. Top and bottom bands are shelving, while the mid filters are bell shaped with the choice of bands often referred to as sounding "musical". When running a hot enough signal through the original unit and boosting the bands, it is possible to get it to distort. That functionality is reflected in the plug-in, but instead of using an input volume to drive the signal, a Saturation knob is used, alleviating the need to constantly adjust output volume.
- EQ plug-in modeled after the original A-Range console EQ
- Created with Malcolm Toft, the original designer of the A-Range
- Every component carefully modeled
- Same EQ filters that made the original legendary sounding
- Features interaction between the different bands
- Saturation control
- Low CPU usage