The Valley People Dyna-mite from Softube is a multi-function dynamics plug-in that faithfully replicates the original Valley People Dyna-mite hardware, a tool capable of limiting/compressing, expanding, gating, keying, ducking and de-essing.
Designed in the 80's, the original hardware was a problem solver. Today it maintains that function while at the same time becoming a creative tool. Two sidechain modes allow for ducking or following a track. Both internal and external sidechain operation is supported.
The DS-FM mode inserts a high frequency boost to the detector which makes it perfect for de-essing or limiting troublesome cymbals. In expansion mode, it helps to trigger the gate for high frequency signals, useful for preventing gate closure on hi-hats.
Three different detector types give the plug-in three distinctive sounds, with a choice of an aggressive Gate mode, a fast all-round Peak mode, or the slower AVG mode. A faithfully modeled output stage preserves the clipping of the output stage that was a big part of the Dyna-mite sound.
- Peak and average limiting, including negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for de-essing)
- Hard or soft expansion with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering
- Ducking or keying modes with external side chain (where available)
- Threshold knob with auto make-up gain
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 seconds/20dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping
- Output volume with accurately modeled output distortion and clip LED
- Innovative Range knob that controls maximum amount of expansion or limiting
- Built-in interactive guide that displays current settings and active mode