Metal Amp Room from Softube is a native based plug-in that was designed to deliver the most aggressively distorted guitar sound possible from a DAW environment. The continuous microphone placement using twin microphones and adjustable stereo panning makes it possible to generate a huge stereo sound with complex adjustable phasing effects, a plain old "one microphone right against the cone" effect, or anything in between.
The plug-in does not to include multiple amplifiers, effects racks, or patch cords, simply two channels, two cabinets, two microphones per cabinet, and a fast program-dependent, one-knob gate for achieving great palm mute effects. The gate automatically analyzes the playing style, with fast playing delivering an extremely fast gate while slow playing will yield a slower closing gate. The gate will always react instantaneously without adding any latency to the signal.
The Balancing Stereo Preamp will always keep the guitar signal focused. While keeping the guitar signal centered, monitoring each microphone is easy, as is changing the stereo width of the signal. It is also possible to bypass either the amplifier simulation or the cabinet simulation. The most straight-forward use of this feature is to use the amplifier simulation together with a favorite real-life guitar cabinet, or to use the cabinet simulations together with the line-out signal from an amplifier.
- "Brutal "metal amplifier with a raw and authentic sound
- Program-dependent guitar noise gate
- Two cabinets with two microphones per cabinet
- Easy to use stereo microphone preamp for balancing the two microphones
- Flexible and continuous click-and-drag microphone positioning
- Fully automatable parameters
- 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface
- Compatible with all effects that work with real amplifiers
- Amplifier/Cabinet bypass possibilities