This is the MK Digital Direct SparkleLite Mini-Lite 24" Gooseneck (120V). The gooseneck comes with a reflector and lamp and is meant to plug into a 350-2 dimming base as either a replacement or addition for those who bought the 1 gooseneck version of the 350-2.
LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) are the next great wave in studio lighting. They are bright, lightweight, cool-running and economical because they draw very little electricity and the diodes last a very long time. The Mini-Lite produces no infrared or ultraviolet light and does not heat up the subject. Conversely, fiber optic tungsten lights consume 150-250 watts and can produce a significant amount of heat.
The gooseneck illuminator produces approximately 130 lumens of daylight-balanced light that is collimated into an intense cone.
- 30,000 Hour Life
- Unlike halogen lamps in fiber optic lights which routinely burn out in 50-200 hours, LEDs will last for many years.
- Low Power Consumption
- The MiniLite 350-2 consumes 5.0W of power, versus most fiber optic lights that consume 150-250W.
- Rugged Gooseneck Design
- May be bent to virtually any position as often as desired for optimal light positions. There are no glass fibers to break.
- High Intensity
- The gooseneck illuminator produces approximately 130 lumens of light that is collimated into an intense cone of light.
- Vinyl Gooseneck with an enhanced amplification collimator (lens).