The Shutterboss Version II Timer Remote Switch for Canon with Sub Mini Connection from Vello is a remote shutter release that provides photographers with enhanced levels of exposure control. Featuring specialized functionality such as continuous shooting, self-timer, long time exposures, and interval shooting, the ShutterBoss Version II is a huge asset to keep in your camera bag. This particular ShutterBoss is compatible with cameras that have a sub-mini connection, for example: Canon EOS Digital Rebels and 60D, Contax N and 645, Pentax K series, Sigma SD and Samsung GX series.
With the ShutterBoss you can set timer delays, exposure times and intervals up to 99 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds in one-second increments. You can also select from 1 to 399 continuous shots or set the device to take an unlimited number of photos. Since you can set exposures without touching the camera you will capture clear, blur-free images. This remote has a 4-line backlit LCD status display for easy viewing of timer and exposure settings. The backlight can be locked to remain on when shooting in low light conditions.
The Shutterboss is great for time lapse series of blooming flowers, sunsets or the night sky. It can also function without batteries as a simple manual remote shutter release. Simply establish the camera's settings and push the remote's shutter button halfway to focus and fully to shoot. In bulb mode, slide the shutter release button forward to lock and the shutter will stay open until you release it.
The Shutterboss Version II has added two features that will offer easier control over the remote's settings. First is a Power Off option which gives you the ability to power down the remote to conserve battery life and also a Reset option allows the Shutterboss' settings to be completely reset to default settings with just the hold of two buttons. A default reset is a time-saver to avoid changing each setting individually.
Whether it's for simple shutter release, extended self-timer options, continuous shooting, long exposures, or time-lapse shooting, the Shutterboss Version II Remote puts creative camera control in the palm of your hand.
- Compatible Cameras
Canon EOS: Elan series, Digital Rebel (300D), XT (350D), XTi (400D), XSi (450D), T1i (500D), T2i (550D), T3 (1100D), T3i (600D), T4i (650D), T5 (1200D), T5i (700D), SL1 (100D) and XS (1000D), 60D & 70D; PowerShot G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1 X & G1 X Mark II, SX50 HS
Contax: N and 645
Hasselblad: H series
Pentax: K10D, K20D, K100D, K110D, K200D, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-7, K30, K-50, K-500, *istDS, DS2, DS, DL2, DL, and D
Samsung: NX10 & NX100; GX-1S, GX-1L, GX-10 & GX-20
Sigma: SD1, SD9, SD10, SD14 & SD15
- Timer Functions
- You can set the timer delays, exposure times, and intervals up to 99 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds in one second increments.
- Exposure Functions
- The ShutterBoss enables you to select anywhere from one to 399 continuous shots, or you can set the device to take an unlimited number of photos.
- LCD Display
- The four-line backlit LCD display panel gives you a visual reference so you can enable the following functions: self-timer, exposure, interval, and number of shots. It also is a status indicator for battery life, timer functions, lock indicator, number of shots, and more.
- Audible Beep
- The ShutterBoss will give you an audible beep for the last three seconds of a countdown delay or interval. It will also beep to confirm your settings. The beep can be turned off if necessary.
- Power Off and Reset Options
- The Shutterboss Version II has been updated with two new features, the Power Off option which gives the ability to power the device off to conserve battery life and the Reset option which allows the Shutterboss to be reset to the default settings, so that each setting does not need to be reset individually.
- Long Battery Life
- Powered by two AAA batteries, it can last for about 60 days of continuous shooting with intervals of five minutes and exposures of 4 minutes, 56 seconds. When left on standby, it can last for up to 2 years.