The Nikon Coolpix AW100 Waterproof Digital Camera (Black) is an action-hungry camera that's rugged enough to take just about anything you want to throw at it – extreme cold (temperatures down to 14 °F), large bodies of water, and even accidental drops up to 5.0' (1.5 m). Featuring a 5x optical zoom lens (28-140mm 35mm equivalent), the AW100 employs a 16 MP CMOS sensor to capture beautiful images underwater, on the ski slopes, or wherever else you'd like to punish this rugged little model.
The AW100 is underwater-rated down to 33' (10 m), so you'll be able to take it sailing, snorkeling, or even scuba-diving. Meanwhile, you'll know exactly where you are and where you're headed, thanks to the AW100's built-in GPS and electronic compass functions. If that's not enough to get your bearings, simply access the built-in map on the easy-to-read 3" LCD screen.
These functions can help tell the story of the excursion that you cataloged via high-res photos and Full HD 1080p video. Even when you're not recording, the camera's GPS can log your location and record your route. This can also be displayed on the LCD of the AW100. Likewise, the electronic compass enables the recording of the camera's orientation.
The AW100 is designed to be easy to operate with one hand while the rest of your body might be otherwise occupied. HD video recording can be triggered by the press of a single button, and the camera's innovative Action Control feature allows you to set select camera functions without even pressing a button – execution is gestural. This will let you focus on the other task at hand, even if it's just keeping your gloves on.
- Waterproof, Shock-proof, Freeze-proof: ruggedly built for reliable and comfortable outdoor operation. Waterproof to a depth of 33'. Shockproof if dropped from 5'. Minimum operating temperature is 14 °F
- 16 effective megapixel CMOS sensor is ideal for low-light shooting and fast operation
- Full HD (1080p) movie with stereo sound and movie-record button that enables one-touch recording
- Mini HDMI connection for output to a compatible HDTV or computer display
- GPS and e-Compass functions
- Points of Interest (locations, landmarks, etc.) and location information (latitude and longitude) can be added to your photos
- With the GPS log function, location information is acquired even when you're not shooting, and your route can be recorded and displayed on the LCD monitor as a log
- A built-in map displays the present location during shooting, and shooting sites during playback on the LCD monitor
- Electronic compass enables recording the orientation of the camera
- Fun in-camera effects
- 5x optical Zoom NIKKOR glass lens 28-140mm (35mm equivalent)
- Beautiful underwater scenes can be captured with the simple setting of the Underwater Scene mode
- Action Control enables one-hand control of selected camera functions
- High-speed continuous shooting captures 3 shots in about one second at full resolution
- Image processing engine EXPEED C2 facilitates enhanced image quality and processing speed
- Large, high-resolution 3" LCD monitor is a 460K-dot Clear Color display with anti-reflection coating
- Smart portrait system automatically creates beautiful portraits
- 20 scene modes (including Easy Auto mode)
- Subject Tracking can continuously track a designated moving subject