The MAX49 from Akai is a 49-key controller that delivers comprehensive MIDI and CV control utilizing an intuitive layout. The included AkaiConnect automatic-mapping software offers instant communication and setup with most music software and virtually all VST plug-ins.
Four banks of eight backlit LED touch faders allow for assigning up to thirty-two control parameters, using them just like analog faders by simply dragging a finger along their touch strips. Instant leaps can be performed in any MIDI value, from zero to full value, and everything in between.
Four banks of twelve backlit MPC pads provide a total of 48 assignable pads, allowing for integrating legendary MPC production capability into both live performances and recording sessions. The velocity sensitive pads come with the classic MPC Swing, Note Repeat, Full Level, and navigation controls.
USB MIDI, 5-pin DIN MIDI and Control Voltage and Gate outputs are available for controlling any number of software or hardware products. This includes everything from today's most advanced music software, to analog modular synthesizers from the 1960's. Mackie Control and HUI protocols are also built in for instant compatibility with industry standard DAWs.
The 49 semi-weighted keys feature channel aftertouch and large, centrally positioned transport controls provide straightforward track navigation. Rubberized pitch and modulation wheels provide latency-free modulation. An expanded arpeggiator includes a Latch button as well as eight different time divisions, and the controller also features a step sequencer.
- 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch for complete musical expression
- Built-in step sequencer for detailed track construction
- Expanded arpeggiator with latch and time division controls
- Included AkaiConnect software automatically maps to VST plug-ins
- Twelve backlit, real MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat and MPC swing
- Eight backlit LED touch faders for gradual or instant parameter value changes
- Four pad banks and four fader banks provide a total of eighty assignable pads and faders
- CV and Gate outputs for use with vintage analog synthesizers (1V per octave)
- Large, centrally-positioned transport controls and rubberized pitch and modulation wheels
- Mackie Control and HUI modes provide instant compatibility with many DAWs