CAD Audio's Continuously-Variable Polar Pattern Condenser Boundary Microphone is a continuously-variable polar pattern condenser boundary microphone. Special attention has been taken to design the 901VP to resist interference from devices such as cell phones and two-way communication devices. The integral 80Hz, 12dB/octave high-pass filter removes unwanted low-frequency energy to improve intelligibility. The all metal body and shock absorbing rubber bottom make for easy placement on almost any surface.
When placed on a hard surface, the 901VP will take advantage of the "boundary effect" signal-to-noise ratio increase. The 901VP is terminated with a TA3M-type connector recessed in the body of the microphone. The 901VP comes with 30' (9.1 m) of detachable microphone cable that is terminated with a standard 3-pin XLRM-type connector.
The 901VP features a continuously-variable polar pattern that can shorten the list of products an audio system designer needs to consider when boundary condenser microphones are specified. The installer can precisely tailor the polar pattern for the best performance depending upon the application or environment.
The polar pattern of the 901VP can be changed remotely by setting the onboard variable pattern control to figure-of-eight and adding CAD Audio's Remote Variable Pattern Control Box (VPC-1) between the microphone and audio mixer. The pattern can also be electronically controlled by utilizing the 40-360 DSP cable and corresponding software with compatible digital signal platforms.
The 901VP is primarily designed for speech and vocal pickup in governmental, institutional, religious and business applications.
- Continuously-variable polar pattern control
- Securable variable pattern controls
- Remote Variable Pattern compatible when used with Variable Pattern Control box (VPC-1)
- Remote Variable Pattern through compatible digital signal platforms when used with 40-360 cable
- All metal housing, suitable for commercial applications
- RF (radio frequency) Resistant Architecture
- Integrated high-pass filter for elimination of unwanted low-frequency energy
- Shock-absorbing rubber pad