The Allen & Heath Xone:DB2 Professional DJ FX Mixer delivers a wealth of professional features designed for discerning DJs, busy nightclub booths, mobile applications, broadcast studios, recording and more. Xone:DB2 borrows a pair of the powerful effects engines originally designed for the iLive pro touring system and originally and featured on the Xone:DB4 DJ mixer. The dual effects engine features more than 50 FX presets divided into 5 FX types. The effects types are divided as Delays & Loopers, Reverbs, Resonance, Modulation and Damage categories.
The Xone:DB2 features a flexible input matrix for full routing control over analog and digital input sources to virtually any (or all) of the mixer's channels. The 4-channel layout delivers plenty of inputs for turntables and digital decks, and the Xone:DB2's USB soundcard supports 4 stereo sends and 4 stereo returns to computer-based audio software. In addition, the Xone:DB2 USB port supports MIDI control over DJ software such as Traktor Pro, Ableton Live and more.
Twin DSP FX Engines
- Massive FX Library
- Xone:DB2 has more than 50 FX presets divided into 5 FX types: Delays/loopers, Reverbs, Resonance, Modulation and Damage. These are studio grade FX
- Expression + Wet / Dry
- The Expression and Wet / Dry controls give intuitive, hands-on control for everything from subtle FX washes to total transformation.
- Editable FX Parameters
- For those who want to drill down further, individual FX variations can be further modified via the rotary controls under the screen.
- Input Matrix
- Each of DB2's four input channels has a full input matrix that can select from four analogue (Line or RIAA), four USB, or two digital sources, allowing for a wide variety of audio sources to be connected simultaneously. The same source can also be selected on multiple channels.
- Trimodal EQ
- Xone:DB2 adopts the fresh approach to creative equalization introduced on DB4. The EQs can be used in three different modes - standard asymmetric EQ (+6/-26dB), total Kill (+6dB/OFF with a 24dB/octave slope), or High-Pass/Low-Pass filter with adjustable resonance.
- Mic / Line Input
- With 2 band EQ, gain, cue and mix level and with full access to FX.
- High Visibility OLED Display
- Tested for maximum clarity whether playing on a sundrenched Balearic beach or in a Berlin basement, the high contrast display shows FX selection, BPM and menu setup functions.
- Lightweight Chassis
- Made for life on the road, Xone:DB2 is robust enough for touring, and its lightweight aluminum chassis helps ease the arm-ache.
- Integral Soundcard
- The built-in, multi-channel USB2 soundcard allows replay and recording from computer-based audio software for 4 stereo sends and 4 stereo returns.
- MIDI Control
- All controls (except Mic and Phone levels) send MIDI data. The mixer can double up as a MIDI controller for DJ software such as Traktor Pro and Ableton via the MIDI shift button, which allows the FX selection controls to send MIDI data without changing the mixer settings.
- Xone:DB2 can integrate smoothly with the new Xone:K2 software controller via Allen & Heath's proprietary X:LINK protocol.