The RackStation RS3411RPxs 10 Bay NAS Server from Synology offers an ultra-high performance, scalable and full-featured network attached storage solution. It is designed for large scale businesses that require an efficient way to centralize data protection, simplify data management, deploy virtualization solutions and rapidly expand storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and management.The RS3411RPxs NAS Server can seamlessly expand a single volume to up to 100 TB on the fly. When the storage capacity of this NAS Server is nearing its limits, you can expand it with Synology RX1211RP*. The RS3411RPxs NAS Server runs on the novel operating system, Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), offering comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for large scale businesses. Windows ADS integration allows this Server to quickly and easily fit in an existing Windows ADS environment.
Note! *RS3411RPxs supports up to 2 Synology RX1211RP.
- Ultra-High Performance and Data Availability
- The RS3411RPxs NAS Server, with link aggregation, delivers high performance of over 1000 MBps throughput and 100,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration*. In addition to the default 4 Gigabit ports, dual 10 GbE ports are supported with the add-on PCIe x8 Gen2 Network Interface Card to maximize the system bandwidth. The network ports with failover support combining with the hot-swappable drives ensure continual service uptime during drives replacement or unexpected LAN failure. The ECC RAM module on the NAS Server detects and corrects errors that occur during data transmission. The Server supports up to 8 GB RAM, providing ultra-high performance. Businesses need a strong foundation to face mission-critical tasks. With high-performance, secure data protection and high data availability, the RS3411RPxs NAS Server meets exactly what businesses need. 1
- Robust and Affordable Scalability up to 100 TB
- The RS3411RPxs NAS Server is designed to grow with your business and can seamlessly expand a single volume to up to 100 TB on the fly. When the storage capacity of this NAS Server is nearing its limits, it can be easily expanded with the Synology RX1211RP* (sold separately). The Synology RX1211RP connects to the RS3411RPxs Server via an Infiniband cable that carries 12 Gbps SATA signal to ensure maximum throughput. 2
- Flexible Storage Management
- Multiple volumes on RAID allows you to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need to expand the volumes arises, you can simply allocate more storage space on the UI and the DiskStation Manager does the rest for you without any service disruption.
- iSCSI and Virtualization Ready
- With the iSCSI support in DiskStation Manager, the RS3411RPxs NAS Server provides a seamless storage solution for virtualization servers, such as VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V. It is the ideal alternative to SAN solution for businesses. Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks. Thin Provisioning is available for file-level iSCSI that enables administrators to oversubscribe provision and then increase storage space as needed in safety. With Thin Provisioning you are able to maximize the storage utilization to reduce the total cost of ownership for the storage system.
- Complete Backup Solutions
- The RS3411RPxs NAS Server offers a centralized backup target to consolidate fragmented and unstructured data across the network. Integrating easily into a current network structure and compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux systems, the Server provides the entire office with data redundancy and protection. PC users can back up their data to the Server using the free Synology Data Replicator software and Mac OS X users can enjoy native Apple Time Machine integration. A backup wizard is also provided for backing up data in the RS3411RPxs NAS Server to another Synology DiskStation, expansion unit, any Rsync server via an encrypted transmission or to an external hard drive via USB connection. In addition, backing up to the cloud using Amazon S3 service is also supported.
- Fit to Business Environment
- Windows ADS integration allows the RS3411RPxs NAS Server to quickly and easily fit in an existing Windows ADS environment. Moreover, Windows ACL support on the NAS Server provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staffs to set up privileges to files and folders on the Server through their familiar Windows user interface.
- Full-Featured Business Applications
- The RS3411RPxs NAS Server runs on the novel operating system, Synology DiskStation Manager, offering comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for large scale business. Comprehensive network protocol support assures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level. Synology Surveillance Station offers a centralized interface to safeguard the office environment by deploying up to 50 IP cameras throughout the network. There are several features to customize your surveillance solution including video live-view, video recording, event playback, intelligent event search and PTZ. The AJAX-based web interface provides the ability to observe your environment anytime and anywhere.
- Apps on Demand
- The Web-Based Platform: DiskStation Manager is a web-based platform. This means that you can select the service that you want to use and install the corresponding apps, only when you need it. So you can choose from Photo Station, Download Station, Cloud Station and other web apps to install from Package Center. The total customization gives you more control over your network storage. Easy Maintenance: Apps as packages help customized installation and provide regular updates quickly.
- Cloud Station
- Automatic Sync: The Cloud Station folder is a private cloud that constantly updates itself. It pushes files, songs and photos to any PC that you are working on and syncs automatically.* Offline Viewing: You can view and edit your files anytime via the Cloud Station folder even without an Internet connection. You can also edit spreadsheets, create a new document or upload photos all within the folder offline. After Internet access is resumed, all changes are automatically synced onto Cloud Station and can be viewed offline. Everybody's Cloud: A single NAS is everyone's private cloud. Every user can own a Cloud Station folder on their own computers and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer. All clouds are on one DiskStation, where data security and privacy are guaranteed. In addition, when your PC and DiskStation are in the same local area network (LAN), the transfer rate is higher than what is offered over the Internet. You can upload and sync large files faster. 3
- Synology ezCloud
- QuickConnect Service: Even without any network settings, you can access your files remotely. With Synology's ezCloud, there's nothing you can't retrieve over the Internet. Once the network cable is connected to your DiskStation, you can use Cloud Station and DS file to access and sync files. The need to configure a router or any other network device is eliminated*. Personal DDNS: Control the Internet presence of your cloud with Synology's DDNS service. The ezCloud lets you directly register a personalized domain name from Synology. There are no more hassles of seeking third party service. Synology also allows you to monitor your DiskStation online for troubleshooting. You can log into the MyDS Center webpage and check the status of your registered Synology NAS. Stay Connected with Notifications: You can get notifications on the status of your DiskStation through multiple channels. Synology provides SMS and email notifications as well as free push services on Skype, Windows Live Messenger and DS finder for iOS devices, Android phones and Windows phones. You can decide which event notifications to trigger and avoid unnecessary alerts. Event categories can be precisely set to take appropriate action as per your need. 4
- Synology Hybrid RAID
- Instant Volume Creation and Optimized Storage Capacity: Unlike traditional RAID that creates volume based upon the smallest hard disk within the array, SHR divides each hard disk into smaller chunks, creating additional redundant storage. This allows maximum utilization of each disk, thus optimizing the total capacity. Store Files Quickly: Now you don't need to wait for the volume setup to be complete before storing data in the NAS Server. With SHR, you can start moving data into DiskStation during volume creation itself. Reliable Fault Tolerance Mechanism: Depending on your choice, SHR provides 1 to 2 hard disk fault tolerance of data protection. If one hard disk fails to function properly, your data would still be accessible unaffected.