The RX1211 12 Bay 2U Expansion Unit from Synology delivers an effortless solution for volume expansion and data backup for Synology RackStation RS3412xs and RS2212+ NAS Servers. The RX1211 Expansion Unit seamlessly scales up the storage capacity by an additional twelve 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drives and connects via an expansion port. It also supports hot-swappable HDD that eliminates the need to shut the system while switching hard drives.
- Volume Expansion and Backup
- When running out of the hard drive capacity on the RS3412xs and RS2212+ NAS Servers, the RX1211 Expansion Unit provides an easy way to immediately scale capacity by 12 additional hard drives. The RAID volume on the RS3412xs and RS2212+ Servers can be expanded directly without the need to reformat the existing hard drives to ensure that they continue their services during the capacity expansion. When created as an independent volume, the RX1211 Unit provides an easy solution for backing up RS3412xs and RS2212+ NAS Servers.
- Reliable Plug-n-Use Design
- The RS3412xs and RS2212+ Servers securely connect to the RX1211 Unit with an included InfiniBand cable. The cable offers high-bandwidth connectivity and ensures efficiency. It allows the hard drives in the connected RX1211 Unit to operate identically as the internal ones in the RS3412xs and RS2212+ NAS Servers with no lag in data retrieval.
- Green and Easy to Manage
- HDD hibernation or HDD deep sleep mode can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time. This not only saves energy, but also extends the lifespan of the hard disks. The RX1211 Unit is managed with the Synology DiskStation Manager so no additional software installation is required.