The SVGA-resolution PRO160S Multimedia Projector packs a lot of features into a surprisingly affordable package. Its 3000 lumens of projection power combined with its 3000:1 contrast ratio means it will provide a rich, vivid image in medium to large rooms even with some ambient light to contend with.
The PRO160S's star attraction must surely be its Texas Instruments DMD DLP (Digital Micromirror Device Digital Light Processor) panel. (The panel is the part that forms the picture.) This 0.55" chip processes not just the three primary colors that all other chips work on, red, green and blue, but also their complements: cyan, magenta and yellow. As a result colors are so clear and lifelike that TI calls its latest version of the technology BrilliantColor.
DLP chips with BrilliantColor increase the brightness of colors by 50 percent versus DLP chips without it. An added advantage of this chip is that it requires no filter that has to be periodically cleaned and replaced, saving you time and money. But that's only half the story. Those millions of microscopic DMD mirrors operate so fast that they can project one image for each eye, making 3D in your home and office a reality. You bring the 3D glasses and programming. Your projector is ready to bring you everything from fantastic scientific visualizations to stunning 3D movies.
Another key attraction of this projector is its versatility and compatibility. Its power supply can auto switch between inputs of 100 to 240 Volts AC at 50/60Hz. In standby mode it draws less than a single watt And the PRO160S's rapid power-on and shutdown is another time and money saver. It's also compatible with PC and Mac resolution and frequency combinations so it's ideal for laptop-based business presentations.
There's a lot to like in the PRO160S so you'll want to secure your investment. There's a control panel lock, password protection and a security bar through which you can lace a security cable If you're looking for projection power, rich, vivid color and versatility in a very affordable package, the PRO160S may be just the projector you're looking for.
- 3000 Lumens and a 3000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The combination of 3000 lumens of light output and a 3000:1 contrast ratio is rare in a projector so affordable. It means that even if you don't watch in movie-theater darkness you'll enjoy a bright, vivid image
- DMD DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
- Those bright, vivid images are courtesy of TI's Digital Micromirror Device Digital Light Processer. That's a long name for a tiny but brilliant chip. In fact TI calls the chip's output BrilliantColor. This technology processes not just the primary colors of red, green and blue but also their complements, cyan, magenta and yellow. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination produces a new level of color performance that increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50% over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images. A bonus of DLP chips is that they don't require filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced thus saving you time and money
- 3D Ready For Immersive Educational, Scientific, Gaming and Entertainment Viewing
- If you've seen a recent 3D film in a movie theater, chances are the 3D effect was generated by a DLP Cinema projector. That same, basic technology has been applied to the PRO160S. DLP technology uses millions of digital microscopic mirrors (DMDs) that reflect light to create a stunning picture. This imaging technology is so fast, it can actually produce two images on the screen at the same time: One for the left eye and one for the right eye. Then 3D glasses combine the two images to create an amazing 3D effect. This projector is ready for the revolution. All you need to add is 3D glasses and 3D programming that can include lessons developed for 3D, 3D games and 3D movies
- Digital Keystone Correction
- Keystoning happens when the projector lens is not exactly parallel with the projection surface causing opposite sides of the image to be different lengths. The PRO160S can correct keystoning of plus or minus a range of 40 degrees
- World-Wide Compatibility and HDTV
- This projector can accept from 100 to 240 volts at 50/60 Hz and it can accept and project television standards that range from the North American standard NTSC to NTSC 4.43, PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N) and SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L). It also can accept and display these STDV, EDTV and HDTV standards: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p