The khaki Earth Explorer National Geographic 2346 Midi Messenger Bag from National Geographic is a shooter's bag with some extra space for an iPad or netbook. It's rated to hold your compact DSLR, two small lenses and accessories. Or, for the videographer, it can hold a small camcorder and the required accessories.
Made from a rich cotton hemp blend and complimented by a padded interior, the bag contains enough room for your basic photo gear and then some. The removable insert is valuable since it allows you to pre-pack your gear or remove it completely for creating a larger internal storage space. The insert contains a modular divider that will help both organize your gear and guard it from dings and scratches. Your iPad or netbook is held securely within its own padded compartment.
The front has a large zippered pocket in which you can store your accessories like media cards, pens, maps or your cell phone. In addition, two smaller touch fastened pockets are found on the outside of the front flap for holding additional small items like keys, batteries or perhaps a small phone.
The bag is secured via its strong zippered flap and two snap loops. The large front flap guards the contents and helps keep airborne contaminants away from your gear. Carrying the 2346 Midi is easy via its non-removable shoulder strap or top grab handle. For even more convenience, there's a rear trolley sleeve that can be used to load the bag on a user-supplied trolley. This is an everyday bag designed for functionality.
- One modular divider enables you to separate and protect an additional lens or other accessories
- A padded compartment holds an iPad or small netbook computer
- A large front pocket stores media accessories and personal items
- Easy-access pockets hold accessories you want close at hand
- Carrying options include a handle, thick shoulder strap or rear trolley strap (trolley sold separately)
- Removable padded insert
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 27.1"(68.8 cm)